Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

14 January, 2007

Snow, Snow, Go Away!

So we got a little bit of snow yesterday and the weather is saying we're going to get a whole bunch more tonight, just in time for me to drive to work in it. I really like looking at snow. I even don't mind going for walks in it, or playing in it, as long as it is only for a short time. But I hate driving in it, I hate shoveling it, I hate scraping it off of my car, and even more than all of that, I hate trying to park in Carey's driveway in it, because I have to try to get up into the driveway, and then steer myself into the far right. I could park in the street, but then I run the risk of getting plowed in. I shouldn't complain, because this is really the first snow that we've had. There was one other time it snowed but it was gone right away and it didn't stick to the street for long. I'm thinking California sounds really good right now...

In other news, I've decided to try for a Masters. I keep going between that and a teaching certificate to teach elementary school, but I always just assumed I'd get a Masters eventually. Why not now? So in the next couple of weeks, I plan on taking my GRE. I'm going to the library tomorrow to check out a study guide for it. I'll let you know when I take it, so you can keep your fingers crossed that I do great on it.

Brace Yourself for this one:
Yesterday, I ate a sandwich, and I did NOT put a piece of cheese on it. That might not be a big deal to most people, but I have a thing for cheese. I love cheese. And I voluntarily gave it up. Pretty amazing, huh?

I just downloaded a few songs from Michael Buble. He's got this awesome voice. I heard a song of his from my uncle a few months ago and so I thought I'd look him up and I gotta tell you: he is great. Quickly becoming one of my favorites.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These really are the end times....Noves gave up cheese! Seriously, that depresses me. That was just a constant in my life, you know? First, Noves doesn't eat cheese. What's next? The sun doesn't rise? Josh runs out of sarcastic comments?

Novey said...

Oh Val, you of little faith...Josh will never run out of sarcastic comments. Even if the sun doesn't rise, it's ingrained in him; he cant stop.

Anonymous said...

I thought the same about you and cheese. My world has turned upside down...

Heidi said...

what´s next val give up chapotle next time she in in kc!! novey i know you want to look great for this trip but don´t risk your life! give up cheese even i couldn´t do that. oh and by the way take a special look at the word of the day for tomorrow. you will love it.

Heidi said...

man i just made a whole batch of cheese cookies and was going to mail them to you. i guess that idea is out!