
Here's a conversation Olivia and I had today.
Olivia: "I wish I were a boy." Me: "No, you don't.
" O:"Yes, I do." Me:"No, you really don't." O:"Yes, I really do." Me: "Why do you want to be a boy?" O:"Boys are fun." Me:"No they're not. All they do is watch sports." (
George pipes in with "Boys watch Mary Poppins!", which makes me and Olivia laugh.)
Me (to Olivia): "Would you rather watch football or go shopping?" O:"Go shopping!" Me"See, girls are way cooler than boys. Boys don't like to shop or get their nails done or play Fashion Girl." (Fashion Girl is what Olivia and her friends play. They put makeup on and dress up and say "Fashion Girl!" And they sound more like valley girls when they do it.) Olivia finally
conc
eded that girls really are cool and she doesn't want to be a boy, but she thinks that
little boys are cool, like her brother. They have a lot of fun, apparently. (The top picture is George's thug pose and the bottom is "Fashion Girl" Olivia)
Besides being a fashion girl, Olivia also spends her time telling me the things that I do wrong. For example, I drink Pepsi a lot. It is my one vice, and when I consider the vices that I
could have, Pepsi seems fairly trivial and harmless. Olivia asked me the other day why I drink Pepsi so much and I said, "I really don't know. I guess I just like it." So she countered with, "You can't drink it
all the time. It has too much sugar." So thank you Olivia. Take the one thing that gets me through the day and make me feel bad about it. I did decide after this to limit myself to only one can of Pepsi at work. I normally drink one bottle at work, so I'll start to limit myself. So, Olivia, (or anyone else) what else is wrong with me, since you know so much?
No one answer that; it was rhetorical.
3 comments:
If only you didn't say, "Don't answer that..." =) Just kidding. Hey, Noves, if you really want to buy my girls cute clothes, don't let the space between us limit you. Please, go nuts!
Me again...I was just working out and you know what it made me think of? This will make you smile. "Right hand to the hip, and left hand up, we go one...two..three..." Remember those days?
Val: "Double Time!!" (Some things you never forget!)
Post a Comment