Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

27 January, 2007

I Never Thought I'd Say This...

So I was reading Time Magazine today, reading an article about the next elections and all of the people who have declared their candidacy or are considering it. And I was talking with my mom about the different people who have a likely chance of becoming president or at least of winning the primaries. (I will keep my opinions to myself on who I think would be a good choice, only because I've found that people have their opinions and get really really angry if you don't agree. It causes way too many problems.) And I realized that now I'm getting older and taking an interest in the news and our country. And I thought about how many times I either skipped class or didn't read the materials I was supposed to read for Dr. Niles American Government class. I was totally clueless back then. I always wondered how that could possibly benefit me in any way. But now, I actually wish I could be in Niles' class just to get his opinion on everything. Anyway, for those of you who haven't paid any attention to what's going on: Get a move on!!!

I never thought I'd say this, but I am actually interested in politics. Who'd have thought? And moreover, I actually wish I'd paid attention in class.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

this is definatly going to be an importnat election! and i agree keept your thoughts to yourself. i know what they are and that is all that matters and i agree with you.

Heidi said...

hey how did you know all those comments were from me? you are freaky smart

Novey said...

Heidi, Heidi, Heidi,
Of course I know it's you. It's because we're the same, only different. (And also because, NO ONE, not a single person I know, cares that much about tennis. You are my lone tennis fan.)

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you wrote that emergancy paper for me in
Niles' class! I feel like I don't owe you anymore, b/c if it wasn't for that paper, you might not be interested in politics today...you're welcome! =)

Heidi said...

yes i am. do u ever wish your last name was nadal? or roddick? cause i sure do.