Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

07 January, 2007

Church


This is a picture of Bryce at the Crown Center in Kansas City. He decided it would be fun to run through the fountains even though it was only about 65 degrees out.
For some reason, Bryce does not like to be left at Sunday School. Usually, I leave him screaming and he settles down after a few minutes. But today I did my normal running away from him screaming (holding my hands over my ears because it breaks my heart), and then sat down in church. A few minutes later, someone came and found me and told me he wasn't stopping. So I went and got him, brought him into church and he was asleep within minutes. So, I spent all of church with a sleeping 4 year old on my lap, sweaty from all the screaming he did, and too big to hold for long. By the time he finally woke up, almost 45 minutes later, my arms were about to fall off, and my legs hurt from trying to balance him. The funniest thing was that he was wearing an army camo shirt, navy blue windbreakers (I think they're a size too small) with red and yellow stripes down the side, and his snow boots. Pretty comical, and I'm sure I got some funny looks as well. I feel that I should just wear a shirt that says "I'm an aunt, not a mom". I don't think it would work, though. I was at the store with Bryce one time and he was throwing a tantrum about something and I said something to the cashier about only being his aunt and there were 3 or 4 ladies behind me and they all laughed; one said she should try that line sometime.
Anyway, I'm sitting here, trying to think of something else to say, and I'm pretty much spent, so I guess that's all. We can always hope for something fun to happen to me so I can blog about it. I've been keeping my fingers crossed, but so far to no avail...

No comments: