Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

16 January, 2007

Encouragement from Olivia

As I've been dieting and doing pilates twice a day now, it's always encouraging to hear that I've been doing good. So of course, I was thrilled today when Olivia poked me in the stomach and said, "My grandma's stomach sticks out right there like yours." Thanks again Olivia for finding the flaws.

Bryce and Blake have been sick lately. Bryce has Scarletina (a mild form of Scarlet Fever) and Blake has a really bad ear infection. I know that if I had a reason to sit around the house all day doing nothing but watching t.v. and sleeping, I would take it in a heartbeat. But, it doesn't even slow them down. One of they're favorite games is to pick an object in the center of a room and chase each other around. They also like to jump on beds (or off beds, especially if it's off of their top bunk). My dream in life is to find a way to suck the energy out of them and keep it for myself, while depleting theirs enough that they can't throw tantrums or stay up too late at night.

In other news, many people have been excited about the new season of American Idol, which started tonight. Let me tell you: I am not one of them. I can't tell you how many people have asked me about it. "Are you going to watch American Idol tonight?" "Are you so excited about American Idol?" It should be obvious from the expression on my face that I am not. But I still have to take the time to not only answer them, but to explain to them why I am not going to watch it. Anyway, if you enjoyed it, or have any wonderful anecdotes or highlights from tonight's (or any future) show, please, feel free to keep them to yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Noves. Remember those first couple seasons of AI? We were pretty addicted back then. I remember walking around the track with my cell, trying to get my vote in. I'm with you,though. It's worn out it's welcome in my book. (We still watch it, though. =)

Heidi said...

totally i was done after the clay akine season. my run didn´t last long at all. though a good laugh at the beginning of the season can always be tolerated. if it happens to be on.