Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

04 January, 2007

Kids are Weird

If you have kids, this is nothing new to you. If you don't and are considering having some someday, be forewarned: Children are extremely weird. And they really don't catch on that easily. For example: children who have just gotten 5 staples in the back of their head should not jump down stairs, or climb on windowsills only hours after a head injury. This should be self-evident, but apparently it's not. You would think that when Blake jumped off of his top bunk and busted his lip open (by piercing his tooth all the way through) that he might have learned not to do that anymore. But he didn't.

Olivia sometimes likes to run around the house wearing just underwear or pants (so do George, Blake, and Bryce). But after running around the house with no shirt on for about 45 minutes, she hid behind the Christmas tree to put her shirt on because she "needed some privacy". And then she just can't comprehend that other kids don't want her to tear apart their blocks or puzzles or rip their craft projects or color on their coloring sheets, even though she screams when they make even a dot on her paper.

They make up for it in the end, though. Yesterday, Olivia was having an "episode" (my word for tantrum) because her mom left, and George kept telling her, "It's ok, it's ok. Mommy will be right back" , while he was patting her back. And then today, she had another episode about her hair or something and went to her room and he was trying to convince me that she shouldn't be in trouble (which she wasn't). He kept saying, "Livvy's sorry, Jennifer". He can be so sweet. And Olivia just wants to check on her brother sleeping in his big boy bed now because she thinks he's so cute laying there. Bryce and Blake will fight about something, almost always ending with one of them getting hit, punched, kicked, or pinched. And then when you get the violent one in trouble, you get yelled at with "leave my brother alone." Weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello friend! How are you? Did you have a good Christmas? Mine was good. I can't believe it's over. I have about a week left in my break. Then it's off to school I go. I only have one more semester...I'm pumped! Anyway, good job starting the blog....so I can see what you're up to. I have one. It's www.xanga.com/christie_the_beautiful. I did not make up the name. Like you I had a friend do it and that's the name he chose. I swear I'm not that into myself. Anyway, have a wonderful weekend. Tomorrow is Friday!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah....this is Christie.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a good quote for your quotable quotes from Dodgeball. "I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you're never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya....it feels phenomenal." Peter LaFleur

Heidi said...

novey this is the best. i knew you could do it! this is probably better than the one my and val would have made for you. i love your bible verse. and the title of you blog. love and miss you

Anonymous said...

Jen, I agree with the comment that your kids will be beautiful and so are you. Thanks for sharing your blog. I've always loved listening to you and talking with you. I'm excited to see what's going on in your life. You are doing great on the blog so far.-Brooke