Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

12 January, 2007

No Habla Espanol - but hopefully not for long

So I have decided to take a page out of Heidi's book and become bilingual. I have a long way to go, but today I took my first step and checked a book out of the library, with accompanying CD's. So far, it's only taught me the basic things I already knew. But...I'm confident that soon, within the next several years, I too could be bilingual.
Actually, I am kind of excited about it. I plan on learning as fast as I can. I've always wanted to learn, and what better time than now, right? And if I really do learn it, than I can cross it off of my "to do before I die" list. I have a lot of things left on there, so I really need to be keeping up with it. That's all for now.
Hasta Luega!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I remember when Allison checked out those books and tapes at the JBU library. We were sitting in our Mayfield room saying, "Donde esta mi's maletas?" (I don't know if that's right.) Good luck! One more reason you should come over here and work at the Children's Home...a lot of Tagalog is the same as Spanish. Anyways, good luck!!

Heidi said...

i love that we will all be bilingual. then i won´t forget so fast. noves i am counting on you to be my practice partner wheni get back. and don´t forget the basics are very easy to forget. so learn them too. love you

Novey said...

Heidi, I'm not going to be bilingual just from reading a book and learning CD's. You can keep up on your spanish by teaching it to me, on our cruise. We have a long drive and you will spend the entire time teaching me spanish. Okay, maybe not all of the time, but at least a few minutes that we squeeze in, in between our exceptionally long-winded conversations. But I will learn eventually and then we can speak it. Maybe after we both learn spanish, we can learn a different language together. I've always wanted to learn italiano. Mostly because I like saying "Italiano". Talk to you soon (I won't forget).