Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

05 January, 2007

Hungry = Happy

I didn't really make any New Year's resolutions. I just saw some pictures of me and thought to myself, "Did I really get that fat?" and decided that I need to change that, at least a little. So my new motto is that I'm not happy if I'm not hungry. I hope it works. It has so far (I thought of it this morning) but maybe it'll last. I even said no to the yummy peanut butter cookies that Carey made. Anyway, Heidi and I are going on a cruise in April and I have to look fabulous. It should be a little easier now that the holidays are over. I babysit every Wednesday for a lady down the street from my work and she goes a little bake-happy during the season. She made homemade peanut butter cups! and she would insist I take some with me. It was a hardship...But now, every time I get hungry, I just have to remind myself that I'm happiest when I'm hungry. No more food for me.
By the way, thanks Val for the quote. In case anyone is interested, there is this great website where you can search for movies, actors, characters, quotes, pretty much everything relating to movies and t.v. So...if you're trying to remember a quote from a movie, and can't remember exactly how it goes, check it out. That's all for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a GREAT motto! I'm feeling extra flabby after this holiday season. And since I'm breastfeeding, I can't diet (a crying shame). Anyways, I make myself drink one and a half or two glasses of water before I eat, just so I feel full more quickly. Plus, I'm getting enough water each day. Good luck! Just remember to reward yourself so that you don't quit. Love you!

Anonymous said...

hungry is not the way to go, small nutritious snacks throughout the day is the best way to lose weight, plus exercise. Oh, do know how i know your a lesbian? You were rejected from the UFC for being too "aggresive" and "testosterone driven"

Novey said...

Hey PFC Novey,
This here is a family friendly blog. No gay jokes. (save them for your text messages. it's more personal that way, and that way people won't think I'm gay - which I'm not, by the way). Also, what's the UFC? And fair warning: your mom knows about this site, so don't put anything on here that would force her to kick you out of the inheritance. (I do admit it was pretty funny, though)

Heidi said...

Thats the spirit noves! We will be the best looking chicks on the boat...... I mean ship. (Nautical term.)