Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

17 January, 2007

Antibiotic

The new tennis season began this week with the Australian Open. Tennis is my favorite sport. So today, I checked to see what was going on during George's nap, and Andy Roddick (my favorite, of course) was playing. I decided to watch it and I made Olivia sit and watch it with me, as he was already at match point by the time I turned it on. She kept asking questions about it and told her who was playing. She repeated me, but instead of saying "Andy Roddick", she kept saying "Anti-biotic". I repeated it slowly about 12 more times, and she finally said it right, and then went back to saying Antibiotic. So I'm pretty sure she was goading me, or at least looking for a laugh (which she got).

Today we finally got to go play in the snow. The temperature rose to a balmy 25 degrees. It takes hours to get the kids into their snow gear. (Okay, only about 10-15 minutes) So when George woke up, he was all happy and cuddly and sweet and really wanted to play outside. After over 10 minutes, he finally had his coat, hat, mittens, scarf, and snow boots on and we were ready to go. But during that time, he had seen his mom in her office and just cried and cried. I thought for sure he'd stop crying by the time we got outside and he could play. He didn't. He kept crying. So I sent him and Tasha (the nanny down the street) inside and played outside with Olivia and Kiran (Kiran is Olivia's best friend, and Tasha is her nanny). And about 5 minutes later Olivia decided she wanted to go inside. So I stayed outside with Kiran for another 5 minutes and then we went inside. So for 10 minutes of getting ready, we played outside for only a few short minutes, after everyone was so pumped about the snow.


Olivia is on the left and Kiran on the right. This picture was from Valentine's Day last year.



The picture on the top is Kiran and Olivia over the summer, playing in the sprinklers and the picture on the bottom is from the local library's Halloween party. George made it into this one as well.



1 comment:

Heidi said...

so i will never know andy roddick by anyother name now! haha the kids you take care of are so funny! thanks for cheering nadal on for me. i am going to rely on you for my source of cheering anytime he is playing until i get home.