I've had a crazy week. After Heather told us last week that she was leaving for Cheyenne, she decided it would be best if she and Mike went out first to try to find jobs and get set up in an apartment first. So for the next week and a half, I am the "pseudo-mom" for my nephews. Last week I had some extra babysitting jobs, Saturday I spent the day at my grandma's Sunday I cleaned my boss's house (for some extra moola), and Mondays I watch the kids for a church group of a women I know (for some extra moola). Anyway, I have been crazy busy. Heather and Mike left on Sunday afternoon and since then, I've been spending my time getting up early, getting the boys dressed and ready, making dinner, feeding, bathing, reading books, threatening to discipline (I don't have as much follow-through on that as I should, but they miss their parents...and they're so darn cute) and trying to convince the boys that they really do want to brush their teeth and go to sleep. (The first is fairly easy, the second not so much.) Tonight they were both asleep by 9:30. This is great since Blake fell asleep after 11 on Sunday night and after 10:30 last night. Hopefully we'll work our way down to 6:30 by the end of the week. Okay, that might be stretching it a little, but 8:30 or 9 wouldn't be so bad.
Countdown to Cruise: 1 week 6 days until departure. Woo-hoo! Super excited about that! Unfortunately I have had zero time to work out lately. And I haven't tanned in a few days. The tanning will be easy to catch up on, but not so easy for working out. Oh well. I'm still going to eat Jack-in-the-Box no matter how huge I am. I would never forgive myself otherwise.
I think that's all I have for the night. I'm all ready for bed and I am going there now.
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My gosh, you have every right to hit Jack in the Box as many times as you want after the week you've had! You must be sooo excited about the cruise. I'm glad you have some extra moola to take with. Are you going to swim with the dolphins??
Anyway, thanks for the new post. I'm going to be lost without any posts from you and Heidi while you're gone. I can't wait to see pictures!!!
noves i have bad news we can't go to jack in the box. i have descided to take a different route there. and i checked and made sure there are definately none on our way. i know you are going to be really disappointed but as you know all to well that is life.
hahahaha just kidding. just wanted to see you reaction. oh wait i can't see you though. well i hope for 2 seconds you were "freaking out"
You can't pull a fast one on me. I have already checked and there is no way we will miss all of them, unless you drive up to Iowa, we drive straight east to around Virginia and then head straight south to Florida. Although if we do that, we probably won't make it in time for our cruise, so you'll have to decide what's more important: going on a cruise or not going to Jack-in-the-Box. Your pick.
Post a Comment