Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

29 April, 2007

Cruise: Part 7 - Sunsets at Sea






I love sunsets. They're so beautiful and peaceful and serene and awe-inspiring. (I love sunrises as well, but I love sleep more, so sleep wins out every time.) Anyway, I wanted to watch the sunset as many times as I could while at sea. I only got to see it twice, but both times were amazing, so I thought I'd share some pictures.
The first is, obviously, a picture of me and Heidi, at the back (aft) of the ship, with a beautiful sunset in the background. The second is a picture of a sunset with some of the ship in the way. I love that you can stand so close to the edge. You could jump off if you wanted to. I never tried it, but I kept a pretty close eye on Heidi when we were close to the edge. You never know what she could try... The third picture is the bubbles the ship makes directly behind it. as it moves. It swirls around. I don't know why, but I just loved watching the water. I liked to walk one of the decks that was pretty far down, so you were only a few feet above it, and I liked to watch the water go by. Very soothing. The fourth picture is just a beautiful picture of the sunset. And the last is one Heidi took from inside on our last night at sea. We were eating sushi and watching the sun go down, but mostly we were eating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to keep referring back to Titanic, but your sunset pics look like the video to My Heart Will Go On. Very beautiful. John from the caf would be very proud of you for making it look like Celine's video.

I love your strapless little number. It's very cute and looks great on you!

Heidi said...

haha yeah you never can tell lwith me. and i would have jumped at any moment too, if it hadn't been for those kids and their dog.