Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

08 April, 2007

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

Happy Easter everyone! I've always loved Easter. What a wonderful chance to sit back and reflect on the indescribable love our Savior has for us! Easter is a time for us to stand in awe and celebrate the infinite love God must have for us all, to send Son into the world, His sole purpose to live a life leading up to His death. And for Christ to be tortured and killed for our freedom. I am simply amazed. Anyway, one of my favorite songs is called The Victor, by Keith Green (not to be confused with Keith Richards.) The lyrics are good, but I wish you all could hear how great it is. Here's the song, if you ever get the chance to hear it, go for it.

Happy Easter!!


The Victor
Swallowed into Earth's dark womb,
Death has triumphed, that's what they say,
But try to hold Him in the tomb,
The Son of Life, rose on the third day.
Just look, the gates of hell, they're falling,
Crumbling from the inside out,
He's bursting through the walls with laughter,
Listen to the Angels shout!
It is finished, He has done it,
Life conquer death, Jesus Christ, has won it!
His plan of battle, you know, it fooled them all,
They led Him off to prison to die,
But as He entered Hades Hall,
He broke those hellish chains with a cry.
Just listen to those demons screaming,
See Him bruise the serpent's head,
The prisoners of Hell, He's redeeming,
All the power of death is dead!
It is finished, He has done it,
Life conquer death, Jesus Christ, has won it!
Just look, the gates of hell, they're falling,
Crumbling from the inside out,
He's bursting through the walls with laughter,
Listen to the Angels shout!
It is finished, He has done it,
Life conquer death, Jesus Christ, has won it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keith Green...wasn't he the guy who snorted his dad's ashes??? JK

Anyway, thanks for those words of reflection and reminder. Now that I have two girls to dress up and go egg hunting with, it's easy to get caught up in the worldy celebration of Easter, instead of focusing on the amazing sacrifice and gift that the Lord offered us on this day. It's something we need to remember every single day! Thanks again. I love you and miss you!!!

Remember going to Josh's parents house for Easter our senior year?