Here is our oh-so-spacious cabin. Heidi begged and pleaded to put our beds together, but I stayed strong. I said, "NO, and if you keep asking, you're going to sleep in the hall." That finally shut her up.
Heidi and me before we headed into Key West. I don't have raccoon eyes. I think it's my makeup
So our stateroom attendant's name was Thelma. Both Heidi and I wanted to ask her where Louise was. But we never did. She was Hispanic, so the joke may have been lost on her. In which case it wouldn't have been funny. (Actually, now that I think of it, it probably wasn't funny in the first place.) Anyway, Thelma was terrific. On Tuesday night, I walked into our room and let out a gasp, because sitting on the middle of my bed was a dog made of towels, wearing my sunglasses. You can't see it, but Thelma had taken our daily newsletter and torn two small pieces off of it and used them for eyes. We loved our dog. We even petted it and let it sleep at the foot of our bed for the evening.

Here's our bunny (what I commonly refer to as a 'bun-bun'.) He kind of looks like a ninja bunny, I think. Like he's about to karate chop you with his ears if you try anything funny. We always looked forward to coming back and seeing what new friend awaited us at the end of a long day of leisure.
Even though we knew it was coming, this little guy still took us by surprise. He was hanging from our ceiling. It's a little monkey (a.k.a., a "monk-monk").So the one thing that I find surprising and slightly unsettling is how friendly everyone is. Our assistant stateroom attendant (I don't know his name, but I called him Apu, because he's from India.) He was so friendly and smiled, literally, all the time. I know it was part of their job to be happy and friendly, but seriously, don't they ever have days where they just get super pissed off and want to frown, even just a little? I don't think Apu ever did. Every time he'd see us, he'd smile really big and laugh a little, like he really cared. Although, he may have been laughing at us, because for some reason, we could not leave the room without forgetting something. By the end of the week, we made it to the point where we'd remember we forgot something by the time we reached the end of the hall. The first day, in Key West, I realized I forgot money, and sunscreen, after we made it off the ship, and partway into town, so we had to go back. The next couple of days, we'd go up the elevator to one of the top floors and have to go all the way back down again. Anyway, maybe Apu just found us humorous. A nice reprieve from the daily monotony of making towel animals. Maybe the crew is given a free supply of Prozac. Whatever reason, they were all so happy all the time. I wish they could teach George and Olivia a few things...
1 comment:
I love how we are getting a little taste of your trip each day. That's fun!
That's great your crew was so friendly. Ours couldn't have been more mean!!! They especially didn't like when Josh would order more food. The last night the crew did a little dance number at dinner, but our guy missed it because he was getting Josh more scallops. He came back and said (in his Apu accent) "See? Now you have made me miss the dancing!" His name was Cajetan.
Post a Comment