Congratulations to my boss, Carey. She had her twin babies on Monday afternoon. Joseph Jay, 5 lbs 3 oz., 18", was born at 3:27 pm. James Edward, 5 lbs, 17 1/2 ", was born at 3:28 pm. (If you're wondering about the closeness of the delivery, yes it was a C-section. Carey is doing fine. The boys were just 34 weeks, so they had a few complications. They can't breathe on their own. James still can't control his body temperature, but Joseph can. They're both jaundiced. I don't know if there's anything else. Their size helps a lot. 5 lbs seems so small, but it's really good for how early they are. I saw them today for the first time. They're little, tiny, cute, sweet. I can't wait until they're better and I can hold them and play with them. So far, it looks like they shouldn't have too many problems, especially once their lungs develop, but we'll still keep them in our prayers and hope nothing changes, except for the better. They'll be at the hospital for at least a few more weeks. I had told Carey she wasn't allowed to have them next week when I'm on vacation, so at least she listens to some things I say. I imagine it will be a busy and crazy time until the twins get to come home, with Carey going back and forth from home to the hospital. What do mothers of newborn twins do who don't have a wonderful, terrific, beautiful, precious nanny to watch their older kids?
In other news: Snow Sucks! Yes, yes, we had snow today. I know about 80% of the nation has had snow in the past week, so why should we be any different. But I still wish it had waited until Saturday, when I'll be on my way to Florida.
Countdown:
2 1/2 days until Jack in the Box
3 1/2 days until cruise day!!
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What do mother's of a toddler and an infant do without a wonderful, terrific, beautiful, and precious nanny??
That's great that Carey had her babes. I'll be praying that they catch up to regular newborn status very soon!
Gosh, I'm so excited about your cruise, I can only imagine how excited you guys must be.
Cruise 2007 Baby!!! OOOOHHHHHHHP
Post a Comment