Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

23 April, 2007

Cruise: Part 1 - the Road Trip

So we were going to rent a Gallant for our trip, but got stuck with a Buick LaCrosse. Really, what horrible lives we live...Anyway, the road trip was so much fun on the way to Florida. Of course, the first highlight was Jack in the Box for lunch. I'm always amazed at how stupid two gals in their mid-twenties can be. Especially on my part. But when you pair me with Heidi, things can get pretty ugly. (Val, maybe it was a good thing you weren't there. You know how we get when we're all together. Think Under the Tuscan Sun.)
The drive there is just gorgeous, and it's only made better by The Bubster (Michael Buble ) and JoGro (Josh Groban). The only thing that sucked was that it rained literally the entire trip. We had only a few hours that it was cloudy, but not rainy. When I drove, it only rained. When Heidi drove, it poured. Like torrential downpour. She had to slow way down a bunch of times. Luckily it did not rain at all on our cruise.
Yes, I really am that excited about my Ultimate Cheeseburger.
This is what we encountered for the entire trip. I should've taken a picture when you couldn't see the car in front of you, but I didn't think of it.
This is Heidi, sleeping at the wheel. We may have hit a pedestrian, but who knows? (Actually, she just blinked at the perfect time.)
When you've been in the car for hours and hours, you start to try to find ways to entertain yourself. For example, by singing the Bubster's "A New Day" into a water bottle. It took me several attempts to get the camera at the right angle, and then we missed our exit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great photojournalism spread. I love the stories that go with the pics. SUCH a fun time! Can't wait for Part 2