

when we heard someone exclaim (in a British accent, of course) "Iceberg, right ahead!" Sure enough, our ship had hit an iceberg in the middle of the Caribbean. They made an announcement not to worry that everyone would be escorted off the ship and onto a life boat. The poorer class of people were locked down and made to stay on the ship until everyone else was rescued, but us upperclass gals were quickly led to the biggest and safest of the life boats. We were outfitted in only the finest life jackets the ship had to offer. At first we were frightened.


But we soon realized that while those less fortunate on the ship may not get off safely, we were never in any real danger. So we decided instead to enjoy ourselves as much as possible under the circumstances.
Okay, so I guess I may have fabricated part of this story. What really happened is everyone is required to participate in a muster drill. We all had to muster to our muster stations wearing our life jackets, so they could make us line up for a few minutes before letting us go back to our rooms. However, I think my story would have been more adventurous and it definitely is more interesting in the telling and retelling. One can only hope we'll hit an iceberg in our next Caribbean adventure...
4 comments:
You're a goof ball! =) Just kidding. I'm pretty sure if I had been there, I would have been on the bow of the ship shouting, "I'm the kind of the world!"
Confession...Josh and I skipped the life jacket drill. Whoops!
I LOVE the poses overlooking the water. You look fantastico!
Do we get a part 6? I hope so.
Oh, when I say "kind of the world" I mean, "King of the world."
oh my gosh you are awesome noves. That is exactly how I remember it happening.
muster, mustering
I muster
you muster
He, she, we muster
Post a Comment