Yes, it has finally arrived. Today I am 27. I can no longer call myself mid-twenties. I have stepped into the late twenties stage of my life. I had a fun day at work. Tasha (the other nanny on the block) has a birthday tomorrow, so we had a joint party today with all the neighborhood kids. It was Hawaiian themed and we (meaning Tasha) made hula skirts out of yarn and green streamers. All the kids got one as well as Tasha and I. We had a fun time. I really will post pictures sometime of me and the kids dressed in our hula garb. But I don't feel like it tonight.
Last night, we went out to dinner with two of my aunts and uncles, plus two cousins, and my brother. We ate at Chili's and we had a great time! My wonderful aunt Brenda picked up my tab, which was completely unexpected and completely appreciated. She is such a wonderful, sweet, caring, loving person. She's only 2 years older than me, so it's weird to call her an aunt, but she's great! And then tonight, my mom, bro, aunt and uncle went out to dinner at a really yummy restaurant called Hickory Park. The food was delicious! And again, my aunt and uncle picked up my tab, which was unexpected and completely appreciated! My aunt Carole is also very wonderful. She's funny and nice and so much fun to be around. My uncle Paul is cool, too. He is a very nice guy, always doing super nice things for other people! I feel so blessed to have such a great family.
I would also like to thank my friend, Val, for her wonderful birthday wishes to me. You can check them out on her blog. Thanks Val, you're a great friend!
In other news, my puppy is so cute! But, after having him for a few days, I am starting to not like his name, Bogart. I only ever call him Bogie anyway, but I think I like the name Bode. (pronounced Bo-dee). Anyway, I call him Bogie or Buddy all the time, so it's not like it sounds that much different. Anyway, I think that's going to be his new name. All right, that's all for this birthday girl.
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yey, I'm so glad you had a fun birthday!!! I say next year, you and I get together for our birthdays and do it up right. I think we'll be home by then, but I'm not sure....either way, we can celebrate whenever.
I would celebrate our birthdays in November if I had to. Anything for you.
It sounds like you have two very nice and extremely beautiful aunts. To be so lucky to have them...what a true blessing!!!!
i want to eat you dog
Post a Comment