Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

06 July, 2007

Aw, Man!

I was able to watch part of the Roddick/Gasquet match at work today. I've been keeping a close eye on the Wimbledon coverage whenever possible. (I'm so glad that Carey has cable. What would I do during Grand Slams if she didn't?) Anyway, I missed the first part of the match, when Roddick won the first 2 sets and winning the 3rd. I got to see the last 2 1/2 sets that he lost. I was pretty unhappy. But I'm not changing my loyalty. I'm a Roddick fan, through and through. Next month is the U.S. Open. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. I think part of the reason he may have lost is the facial hair. It's gotta get in the way. And I just don't like it.


In other news, George has a new game he love to play. He wants to "doctor me". He takes random toys and pokes me with them, like he's giving me a shot. Then he wants me to cry. So I pretend to cry and he pats me and whispers, "It's okay. Sh. It's okay." He sounds so sweet when he does it. It's definitely worth getting poked with toys (it actually does hurt when he does it) because he's so darn adorable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great George story. You should go get him a toy Dr. set. Joe and Michelle gave Mackenzie a little Dr. bag full of medical things like BP cuff, stethescope, syringe, thermometer...etc. She loves it and LOVES giving my and Bella shots.

Novey said...

Olivia actually has one. I think George would rather just bang on my arm with a block instead.