So Carey's cleaning lady is this chick named Debbie. She's in her fifties and extremely spacey. She's annoyed me since the day that she started. The first thing she did was (jokingly) tell Olivia and George that if they squirted her with water (they were playing with the hose) she was going to kill them. Seriously. You don't say that to children, even if you're joking. They don't understand sarcasm. It's just wrong.
She also always brings them candy. She brings packs of Skittles and tells them they can have it after they eat their breakfast. But, no, I'm not giving them candy at 8:30 in the morning. It's never gonna happen, so please don't get their hopes up. (The only good side to this is that they don't get to eat the entire package, so that means they get a little and Carey and I have the rest.)
She can't clean up after herself. She leaves the cleaning supplies just wherever. She doesn't put the vacuum cleaner away, and today she left the dusting cloths in the sink, on top of dirty dishes. She also takes the electric plug safety covers off to vacuum and doesn't put them back on. Today I found one on the stairs, about a foot from George's head. Seriously. He's 2 1/2. Ever hear the phrase "choking hazard"?
The worst thing about her is that she is very space-invading. I really don't like to touch people, especially people I don't know. I'm not as bad as my friend Scot by any means, but I don't like strangers to touch me. She puts her elbow on my shoulder, or grabs my arm if she wants to talk to me or get my attention. I can't stand it. She also thinks it's okay to call people by nicknames that they haven't approved. Like Jenny. My name is not Jenny. I allow my family to call me that, but only because it used to be my name and I know, hard habits are hard to break. But seriously, you don't shorten someone's name if you don't know them. Especially from Jennifer to Jenny.
And today, she did the absolute worst thing I could even imagine. (Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration, but it was still so wrong.) I was getting lunch ready and I had corn on the cob on my plate, with one of those things you put on the end to hold it. She saw it and asked me if it was Pampered Chef (how the heck should I know) and then, she touched my corn. I am not kidding. She is cleaning the house, using chemicals, and she actually touched my corn. I was so appalled. Tasha and Kiran were there for a picnic and Tasha for some reason found this to be humorous. I couldn't see it. You DON'T touch people's food! EVER! It is never okay. How could someone not know this? I would rather have George stick his hand in a tub of yogurt, lick it clean and touch my corn than have this strange (by that I mean very odd - abnormal) lady touch my corn. She comes every 3 weeks, so my new plan is to be gone the entire day whenever she comes. I know that's not going to happen, but I won't let her near my food again.
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are TOO as bad as Scot! =) I'll never forget being at Walmart with you on a Sunday. So funny!
Yeah, that hasn't changed much. I still detest grocery shopping on the weekend. Especially Wal-Mart on a Sunday
Post a Comment