Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

23 May, 2007

Sorry I've been away so long...

I know it's been awhile since I last posted. But I have good reason for being away. You see, recently there was a terrorist threat against our country. I was working side by side with an agent named Jack Bauer. We were able to thwart the attack and we are safe once again...

Okay, so the truth is that, being obsessed with my new fave show, 24, I haven't found much time to do anything but watch episode after episode. I just can't stop. I just finished season 3, and have decided that, as much as it pains me to admit it, Jack and I have decided to take a break from each other for awhile. I'm sure we'll meet up again soon. I just need to get back into real life, at least for now. There are still 2 more seasons out on DVD that I have to watch. Of course, this time tomorrow, I have a feeling that I will forget about our break and I will go rent season 4, but at least I'll have tonight off.

Really, though, I've had dreams, every night for the past week at least, that I was somehow involved in trying to stop a terrorist attack. That is definitely a sign that I watch too much 24.

So back to reality...
Olivia is now on summer vacation. I'm actually really excited about it, because it means that she now gets to do what she wants, which is to play with friends. She had preschool in the morning and most of her friends had it in the afternoon. So here's how our day went every day...
Olivia: I want to play with Melanie
Me: Melanie is at preschool
Olivia: I want to play with Kiran
Me: Kiran is at preschool
Olivia: I want to play with Paeton
Me: Paeton is at preschool.

You get the idea. The best part of our conversations, though ,was that they happened every day, usually several times a day. Starting at about 1 or 1:30 p.m., Olivia started asking about her friends. She normally would ask to play with them about every 20 minutes until they got home around 3 or 3:30. Now, when she asks to play with friends, I can call someone up and have a friend come and play.
The other great thing about summer is that I get to spend all day every day outside in the sun. I need to go get some more tank tops and then I can work on my tan, while I'm at work.

No comments: