Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
13 May, 2007
Happy Mother's Day
Since today is the day to celebrate moms the world over, I thought that instead of talking about how great my mom is (like that hasn't been done before), I would talk about how great I am and how lucky my mom is to have me as her daughter. I bought my mom her mother's day present a few weeks ago. I got her two cute purses, and even though I really liked one in particular, I still let her keep it. For now at least. Today, I made her lunch and dished it up, washed the dishes, did her laundry and went to the grocery store. Then I made a special dinner just for my mom. Creamy chicken enchiladas. It took me awhile to make it and when it was baking, I made some special chocolate no-bake cookies. All of this just for my mom. I mean really, the only thing my brothers and sister did for her was call her and talk. When I think about it, mother's day is really just a special day for my mom to appreciate how wonderful and sweet I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When you say "special chocolate cookies," do you mean "special" as in "special?" (wink wink?)
You're blog was funny. Even Josh laughed. =) You did such nice things for your mom. You're so sweet! I wish I was your mom.
Call and Talk? Hey, did you have a stained glass piece made specially for your mom? No, the answer is No. Now, let's go over the list of people who actually went through the trouble of having someone else do a handmade piece of art for your mom, and by your mom I mean Annette Adams.
1. Josh- her son.
2. Me- Josh- her son.
3. Not you. Because you're name is not Josh- her son.
Hmmm...
Post a Comment