When Olivia and George are really bored, it can be hard to find something they both want to do. So Carey suggested they have a "car wash" They brought out some of their toys from the garage and washed them off. Of course, they end up completely covering themselves in soap and water, but it's all in the name of fun. Where am I, you ask? I am sitting on a lawn chair in the driveway watching them entertain themselves.
During quiet time, it can get kind of boring for Olivia to wait inside for her friends to get home from preschool or for George to wake up. So if it's nice out and Carey is home, we go outside for awhile. Olivia is getting really good at jump-rope. Check out her vertical. It's almost as good as Josh's. Where am I? I am sitting on a lawn chair in the driveway, watching her entertain herself.
When Olivia's friends are home, usually in the afternoon, we spend a lot of our time playing with them. Olivia's friend Kiran got a new sprinkler toy that we checked out one day when it was really warm. Tasha is helping the kids and I am sitting on the stairs, taking pictures. (I didn't want to get wet.)
And of course, there are times when Carey needs help and I have to feed a baby. It's so difficult to look at their precious little faces and pick them up and hold them. Really, if you think about it, I may have one of the toughest jobs around. (Jimmy is on the left, Joey on the right. They actually don't really fit into these bouncy seats, they're just swaddled really good.)
1 comment:
Yeah, you got it good! Wouldn't it be fantastic if we lived and worked near you, and then we could hang out together while the kids played every afternoon? By hang out I mean, lounge chairs, cool drinks, and good convo. Hmmmm....sounds great!
Anyway, you're doing a great job with those kiddos. That sprinkler toy looks fun. Actually, when I saw it, I didn't even think about the toy. I thought, "Wow, remember in ground sprinklers?" =)
Post a Comment