Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

02 May, 2007

Cruise: Part 10 - I'm Feeling Good


Birds flying high, you know how I feel

Sun in the sky, you know how I feel

Breeze drifting on by, you know how I feel

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life - for me

And I'm feeling good.

-Michael Buble, "I'm Feeling Good"


That's one of my new favorite songs, and it's been in my head all day, so I thought I'd find a way to post it.


Everything about the trip was just great. The water in Key West and Grand Cayman was the perfect shade of aquamarine blue. It was good to just sit back and do nothing for awhile. I'm sure I'd love to go on a cruise again someday, but cruises are just not very adventurous. I think I'd soon tire of the laid back lifestyle. I like doing nothing, but only because I'm always doing something. I'm sure if I were always doing nothing, I'd want to do something. The other thing is that I feel like I should be spending my time helping others. Maybe next time I go on vacation, I should do a short term missions trip. Or maybe I should tour Europe. I'll let you know what I decide when the time comes.

Anyway, I love going on vacation because it seems like the further from my own home I get, the less and less stressed I feel. It's like my stresses just kind of melt away. The only problem is coming back, because it's like I pick them up on the way home and then the last leg of my journey home consists of me worrying about things I'd forgotten about for a whole week. (Like the fact that even though I just got my brakes fixed, and spent a ton of money doing it, they're sounding bad again.)

So now it's back to reality and back to work, work, work. I'll post about our trip again when I get my pictures back from Stingray City, but I have to develop them first and that won't happen until this weekend at the earliest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that water looks awesome! I wish vacation lasted...that's it...just lasted. I'm glad you had such great weather. And yes, you would like to go on another cruise because I'm coming next time. =)

Heidi said...

wow i look so good and tan! vacations are overrated i would rather work! work work work i love work. here it goes down down into my belly.

hummm i guess that quote doesn;t really work for the word work

Novey said...

Work. Working.