Sometimes, I really can't stand living here. We have yet another snowstorm. This one is pretty bad everywhere in Iowa, but it's not that bad here in Ankeny. Supposedly if you leave town, there is a blizzard, but all I see is a little snow and a little wind and I can see all the way down the street. The news has been predicting this bad storm for awhile and then today, all of the schools pretty much everywhere in the state closed down. A lot of businesses closed down. And I went home at 10:30. It would have been nice to have most of the day off if I'd been able to go anywhere. I picked the boys up from preschool, gave them lunch, and hung out with Bryce while Blake took a nap. And, fearing that I'd get stranded if I went anywhere, I stayed inside all day. I remember back in college when I'd take off from class, there was always something I would do instead. Sleep. Go to the Falls. Watch Passions. But this sitting inside business is horrible. I've read pretty much every news story online that I could find, did several puzzles, made dinner, but amazingly, those things don't make the time fly like you think they would. ( I've also babysat a few times within the past week and with the bad weather, I haven't worked out in over a week.)
In other news, I went to Kansas City on Tuesday and had a wonderful day with Val. I got to see the girls, and they are absolutely adorable! I went to Pier 1 Clearance store (Heidi, I only bought some things for my mom. Nothing for myself. I could never betray you like that.) And then on the way home, about 15 miles north of Liberty, my tire blew. So I pulled over and called roadside assistance, since I have no idea how to change a tire. This happened at 6:04. The guy called me 3 times to find out exactly where I was. (I was located on the right shoulder of I-35 N at mile marker 33.2. How much more specific could I get?) At 7:30, the guy finally showed up. I was on my way shortly after that and since it was so late and I couldn't turn around for several miles anyway, I drove on the interstate going 50 miles an hour for 70 miles, getting honked at by countless cars. My mom did some quick online research and found a place that would fix my tire and was open really late. It was a garage connected to a truck stop. They fixed my tire, charged me some exorbitant amount of money for a used tire, which I had no choice but to get, and was finally on my way home. I arrived home only 3 1/2 hours later than I'd originally planned. But I had so much fun with Val, it was well worth it.
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Noves!!! I had no idea! I'm so sorry. Do you think it was the off roading in the driveway that did your tire in? Gosh, I'm so sorry. I did have a wonderful day with you. Thanks again for driving all the way down there (plus another couple hours to do our shopping.) You're a great friend!!!
hahaha that off roading in the driveway is pretty rough on new tires!! poor noves! it would only happen to your tires! if i had been back in kc i totally would have resuced you. sorry i let you down again. i guess i deserve to have you and val enjoy pier on without me.
For anyone wondering about the off-roading, Val's parents-in-law driveway is pretty much a mud pit. The last time I was there, I got stuck in the mud. This time, I decided to just go for it, so I went pretty fast through it. At one point, my car slid sideways and (no joke) slid several yards completely sideways until I was able to turn around.
Post a Comment