Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

20 March, 2007

KC Update

Okay, a few things about my weekend. First of all, Valerie, in case you didn't know, Heidi and I are going on a cruise in 4 weeks (from yesterday). This means that (fill in adjective) burritos are definitely not in our diets. However, I'm sure I'll be back in KC after my cruise and by then, all bets are off. We went to the St. Paddy's Day Parade in KC and let me tell you, those people are crazy. They go all out. Green everywhere. I love the color green. It's my favorite, especially my favorite to wear. I do not, however, like all green, all over. Especially when the greens are different colors. For example, green pants, a different color green shirt, a different color green jacket, a different color green purse, hat, shoes, socks, jewelry. So so tacky. Anyway, after the parade, we got ready for a day of shopping. And not just any old shopping. Cruise Shopping!!! I got a cute dress and 3 pairs of shoes. (I got a couple more things today after work.) So Heidi and I will definitely be the cutest cruise-goers ever. (Except for maybe Val when she was on her honeymoon. We all know that no one holds a candle to her...) Sunday, we spent the day finalizing most of our plans and deciding what excursions we want to do and what we want to do and see in each location. So I always have a great time when I'm with Heidi, but this weekend was definitely one of the best. I think it was the many hours of shopping. What could be better? And also, it may have been how awesome we both looked, thanks to my CHI.
Another highlight of weekend: missing the snow in Iowa. That's right. It snowed again and I was not here to witness it. It was completely gone by the time I got home! I've already decided that if I have to see snow again until the end of the year, I'm going to have to cry. This way, I didn't have to. Wonderful!

Heidi and me at the parade. Probably the least green people in the entire city.

Apparently this guy didn't get the memo that it was St. Patrick's Day, not the 4th of July.

The best part of the parade was all the little kiddies. This little guy is helping out on drums. Too cute.

Nothing says St. Patrick's more than a giant balloon of the man himself. I was reading a history book, and I'm sure I read the St. Patrick's robes were green and trimmed in shamrocks. It's true. I wouldn't make this stuff up.

Here we are at the end of the day. Doesn't our hair look great? And seriously, our cruise is so lucky to have two gals as cute as us aboard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoot! I had a great, witty comment to write and then I forgot it. Anywho...way to go on the willpower! You're going to look fan-flippin-tastic on the cruise! I should give you back all those honeymoon dresses that you bought for me, and you can wear them on your cruise. You're looking awesome. yeah!

Ugh! I wish I still lived in KC, then I could have joined you for shopping and parading. Sounds like a GREAT day.

I miss you!

Heidi said...

tell me about it noves is looking hot! love the pictures though they really didn't do the chi justice for all the magic it worked on our hair.

Novey said...

No worries my dears. We'll take lots of pictures next month and show off our stuff! Countdown: 3 weeks, 5 days (actually, 3 weeks, 4 days, and 22 hours, 43 minutes.)

Anonymous said...

I remembered what my comment was...I was going to ask what you did to get your beads????

Heidi said...

oh you know noves. i bet you can guess how she got those bead. the old fashioned way......if you know what i mean. (she bought a coke at a resturant) noves that is the best quote ever!!