Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

10 March, 2007

Cute Stories

I was talking to my friend Allison last night and she was telling me about her son, Jameson. He just turned 2 in December and, from what I've heard, is absolutely precious and quite a handful. (Kind of reminds me of George.) Anyway, a cute story about him: Allison was driving and Jameson was in his car seat, eating. He decided to smear his food all over himself, face, clothes, everything completely covered. He said, "Mommy, I made a mess." So Allison sees him and starts to get after him. He said, "Mommy's canky?" (meaning cranky). She said, yes she was cranky and then tells him a whole list of reasons why he shouldn't do that, and especially in the car. After she was all done, the only thing that he got out of the lecture was that "Mommy's canky." (That's the problem with kids, never taking responsibility for their actions.)

The end of Feb., as I mentioned, I went to see my friend Val in Kansas City, where she was visiting her in-laws, with her newborn and 2 1/2 year old girls. The 2 year old, Mackenzie calls me "Noves" which is what Val calls me. So Mackenzie, when I first showed up, said, "Thank you for coming to see me today Noves." She has the most angelic voice when she talks. It's soft and light and makes her sound so precious. She also quoted Scripture for me and sang me some songs. So sweet.

Yesterday, I had George all to myself from 8:30 am until Olivia got home from a friend's house at about 3:15 pm. We were playing with his Curious George tea set and he was pretending to pour me something to drink. He gave me the cup and said, "Here's your green tea." It was funny. He also sometimes has trouble getting out words that start with an 's' and are followed by another consonant. Like scooter, he can't get the 'sc' sound. He says 'cooter'. Well whenever he's playing and something gets stuck, like a ball is out of reach, or if he gets his foot stuck in the chair when we're eating (he likes to sit on his knees and then pushes his foot behind him where it goes out the back and he can't get it back in.) He says "I suck" instead of "I'm stuck." And every time he says it, I laugh, which makes him say it even more.

Anyway, since I'm around kids 24/7, I get to see and hear firsthand all of the cute things they say and do. If anyone else has any funny stories, let me know. Post a comment about it or e-mail me and I'll put it on my page. Allison specifically requested that I post her story about Jameson, so I did. If she ever sends me a picture, I'll put that up, too.

No comments: