So I watched a movie tonight, An Inconvenient Truth, and I really think everyone needs to see it. Okay, so it's basically a slide show that Al Gore gives at lectures all over the world. And it may not be as exciting a movie as most people are used to. And I've never been a big Al Gore fan. In fact, I've always likened him to an overgrown weasel. But that's just my own personal opinion. So if I (as a definite non-fan of Gore) can appreciate this movie, then I think that most people can sit through it and learn a lot from it. For those of you who, for reasons unknown, have not heard of the movie, (which is close it impossible as it's been all over the news and made headlines when Gore won a bunch of awards for it, including an Oscar) I'll give you a brief synopsis. It's about global warming and about the dangers and deadly consequences in the near future of not doing something to change it. The least it will do is get you thinking and I'm a big advocate of thinking. I tend to do it a lot. So, anyway, go see the movie and then we can discuss.
On a lighter note, George was doing something to my car today. I found out later he was trying to open the gas cap. But I didn't see that at first and I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I'm checking something." I asked what he was checking. "I'm checking your bong." Apparently he didn't know what to call it so he made up a word and it just happened to be bong. There's a cop that lives across the street and how funny would that have been if he'd heard?
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment