I've provided some links to a few different sites. So take a look at them. I think most of them can be found at the first link, plus links to other websites. Anyway, read about what people are going through in other countries, what they risk for an amazing God, and what different organizations are doing about it, as well as how you can pray for them. Learning more about the suffering of others has made me realize how great our God really is. He has given us all so much, and His plans are bigger than we can ever comprehend. I, for one, feel compelled to pray for those who have not been given the freedom or the material blessings I have, but who have been given the same saving grace that I have been given. And even though our fellow Christians are being persecuted far from here, I know that we are still connected, members of the same family. I hope that by reading this, and visiting the websites, you will feel the same call that I feel. And if all I, or anyone, can offer are our prayers to Christ, I know that it is more than enough, because God is more than enough.
http://www.persecutedchurch.org/
This website has a list of other links to visit, including some that I haven't posted, as well as information on the national day of prayer for the persecuted church, coming in November.
This is a link to the site for Voice of the Martyrs, an organization I heard of through a girl from my church.
http://www.christianfreedom.org/
Two organization that helps suffering, persecuted Christians throughout the world.
http://www.jesusfreaks.net/index2.htm
A site that has information and excerpts of true stories of Christians who have been persecuted and killed for their faith.
I've added these links on the left side of my page, under the section titled "knowledge is power" where you'll also find other links to visit and learn about other issues facing our world today.
1 comment:
First of all, you're going to get some freakazoid comment on your blog by inviting them...=)
Secondly, I haven't had a chance to look at your links because I'm running around all crazy trying to get my house picked up before Joe and michelle arrive in like 9 hours! Everytime I pick something up, Bella or Mackenzie throws two things down. =) Love you!
Post a Comment