So, for all of you who don't know much about George, let me tell you. He was born in January of 2005. So he's not quite 2 and a half now. A year ago, he learned to do things like shoot baskets (and make it) throw a football, kick a soccer ball, ride a tricycle and ride a scooter. Well, now that it is warm once again, we're able to play outside a lot more. So this year, he has added to his abilities and learned how to hit a baseball (okay, it's plastic, but this toy pops a ball up and he's able to hit it), he can ride a bicycle - with training wheels of course- but he can ride it well, and he has even learned how to drop kick a ball. Seriously, I don't know any 4 or 5 year olds that can do that. I can't even do that! The kid is simply amazing, at least when it comes to sports.
He is also very good at taking credit for things he doesn't do. For example, he was looking everywhere for a ball the other day. So I picked it up and gave it to him, and he said, "I found it!" He actually does that a lot. He wanted to throw the basketball into the "big basket", which is the basketball hoop that his dad had put in last year. It's regulation size, but right now it's only at about 6 feet. Anyway, I picked him up and he put the ball in and what did he say? "I did it!" Okay George. Everyone can see that you clearly did not do it on your own. Would it hurt you to give a little credit where it's due?
George is also very good at singing. He can sing just an incredible number of songs. And he knows them all the way through. He even knows some songs that have difficult words in them. One of his favorites, though, is Twinkle Twinkle. He usually starts out singing it really well, but being a 2 year old boy, he likes to change the words. This is how it goes, in George's world:
"Twinkle, twinkle little booger. Booger, booger, booger, poopie." I think he may have a career in songwriting.
Some of his other talents include: speaking "baby", wiping snot all over my shirt before I can stop him,
running really fast when he's not supposed to do something, and then walking really slow (or just sitting down in some random yard) when we're going for a walk, making his sister mad, watching t.v. with a complete zombie expression, finding a way to make a mess out of everything, especially food that would usually be pretty mess free (like raisins), putting his hands in his pockets (he's really proud of that trick for some reason - I haven't figured out why it's fun), copying everything his sister says and does, and of
course, looking absolutely adorable all the time, so it makes it hard to get him in trouble for anything.
1 comment:
When are you going to do 101 things about Noves????
Post a Comment