We had yet another snowstorm this weekend. For some reason, every storm we've had this winter has fallen on a weekend. It's good in terms of not having to travel to work. But it's bad in terms of being in stuck in the house, again. This one is the worst we've had this winter. A couple of inches of ice followed by about 10 inches of snow. It hasn't been too bad. We went to the store on Friday and stocked up so we wouldn't have to go anywhere. Mike parked under a big tree in the yard because he had to get out of the street and we were all just hoping the branches wouldn't break off and smash the car. The power lines over our back yard are completely coated in ice. One of them looks really bad and I've just been waiting for that to snap. We still have power but thousands of others in Iowa don't right now, so I'm thankful for that. Another thing to be thankful for: our landlord came by with a snowblower today, so we didn't have to do any shoveling. I was going to take pictures, but I think my camera is in my car, so I may take some tomorrow and post them. Anyway, aside from the fear of falling branches and power lines, and the knowledge that I have to drive to work in the morning, it really is very pretty. The trees are coated in ice and covered in snow and they're pure white, hardly any brown showing through. I'm sure I'll have a blast playing in the snow tomorrow.
I was really bored this weekend, but I find that it's very amusing to make my sister mad. So yesterday, I started a fight with her. I was laughing the whole time and she got so mad she didn't talk to me the rest of the evening.
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahaha how old are you starting fights with your sister? haha.
so all that snow sounds great i am so sad to be stuck in warm sunny brasil with a nice breeze blowing on my back at this moment. i just ate a banana and it was so good. but we don't have any snow. so sad for me.
how old am i rubbing it in that i am brasil and you are not right now. sorry that was mean mean. heather mad me do it for you starting a fight with her.
Hey, you can keep your warm sunny Brazil. I just got home from babysitting and helped the neighbor girl shovel snow out of the driveway. Now that's something you can't do in Brazil.
Post a Comment