Over the last 2 weeks, the entire family I work for has been sick. This week, the kids were sick with a flu. They had high fevers, coughs, runny noses, aches, and whines. Monday was great and we played outside since the temp. finally broke 40. Tuesday, Bryce had his tonsils out so Blake came to work with me, and that's also the day that George started to get sick. Since then, we've been mostly housebound, missing all of our weekly activities, like music class for George and gymnastics for Olivia. I was able to go home today at 2:30, which was nice. I think Carey felt bad for me. Amazingly I have not been sick at all the entire winter. A few weeks ago, everyone here got some stomach virus that for some reason skipped me. I'm hoping it lasts at least for awhile.
I really don't have anything exciting to report. I've just been doing my normal, working, exercising, sleeping. Yesterday I ran a mile. It was colder than I thought it was going to be, so it kind of hurt my lungs. And today my legs are super sore. Hopefully it will warm back up again soon and I'll be able to do that more often. Right now I'm looking at a weekend full of freezing rain, ice, and up to 6" of snow. And I keep counting down the days until my cruise starts - 52, just over 7 weeks. I cannot wait. But right now I'd settle for slightly warmer weather and sunshine.
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment