Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

14 February, 2007

Valentine's Day

So today is the day for love. I've always hated it. It makes no sense to me. Plenty of reasons to: I'm single and have been for way too many Valentine's days. Too much candy: Do we really need that much sugar and chocolate in order to know that someone loves us? I myself got candy today and I was offered a cupcake that looked really good. Unfortunately, I was unable to eat any of it. I had yogurt for dessert tonight. Yummm....Yoplait Light!
It wasn't so bad though. I got some cute socks from my boss with hearts on them. Jim (Olivia's dad) had flowers and a teddy bear delivered for Olivia. And then the girls I babysit on Wednesdays also had flowers delivered by their dad. I think that's sweet. And then when I got home, I had 8 Hallmark E-cards in my inbox. They were all from Heidi. (Thanks for those. They made me laugh!) So Happy Valentine's Day to all of you who like the holiday. And to everyone else, have a good Wednesday and just remember that there are plenty of other pointless holidays we can celebrate without having to be reminded of our singlehood. Like St. Patrick's Day or Flag Day. Go Flags!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Arbor Day? Go trees!! Isnt' that was Arbor's are??? Anyway, Happy Valentine's Noves!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh! And way to go on the self control! I can't wait to see your skinny little physique.

Heidi said...

YEAH!! FLAG DAY ! I love flags!

Heidi said...

OOHH and i almost forgot your fav and mine! Novey Day! There is nothing but joy in that holiday.

Novey said...

I do agree that there is nothing in the world that can ever compete with Novey Day.

Heidi said...

totally novey day is awesome! and so will be our cruise day 2007. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!