Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

10 February, 2007

Fun Day with the Boys

I agreed to watch the boys today so Mike could take my sister out for their Valentine's date. At first, it was going to be in the evening. Then they decided they wanted to go earlier, before lunch. I've been gone a lot the last few weeks, so I decided to take them out for a day of fun. Well, drama lover that my sister is, it ends up being 1:30 that I finally got the kids in my car, but not until Bryce had had numerous "episodes". He was exhausted, but didn't sleep until we were 10 minutes from our destination. So I drove around downtown for another 15 minutes, just to keep him from throwing a fit in public.

So, we got to the Science Center (super fun, it has tons of stuff for kids to do and explore and could seriously keep you busy for hours). They were good for the majority of the afternoon. They only argued occasionally about what they wanted to do and who got to do it first. By 5:00, they were ready to go, but didn't realize it yet. They fought a bunch, ran away a lot, and yelled at each other. They argued over dinner the entire way home. Bryce wanted to go to Burger King. Blake wanted Applebee's. They finally agreed on Culver's. Blake wanted Grilled Cheese. Bryce wanted a corn dog. They gave us 2 Grilled Cheese. I cut in front of over a dozen people standing in line to order to tell them they got my order wrong. I was so annoyed by the people glaring at me. Seriously, was I supposed to just stand in line for 10 minutes with the boys sitting by themselves at the table just to inform them of their mistake? They brought the corn dog several minutes later and Blake asked "where's my corn dog?" Then he refused to eat his sandwich. After an entire tub of ranch dressing spilled onto the floor, I packed up their food, threw their coats on them and ran out the door. Lucky for me, this was one of those days that I don't get money to watch the boys. As long as they had fun....

Price of admission to Science Center: $20
Afternoon snack for the boys: $8
Dinner for 3 at Culver's: $15
Sound of Heather and Mike walking through the door: Priceless

2 comments:

Heidi said...

excellant priceless comment! felt your pain as i was reading.

Heidi said...

happy vday love you