Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

16 February, 2008

Tagged Some More

I was on the phone with Heidi a few nights ago and we were discussing other interesting, albeit odd, things about ourselves, so I thought I would add some more.


1. My favorite dip for french fries is mayonnaise and ketchup mixed together. I like Miracle Whip on sandwiches, but not for dipping fries. And for chicken nuggets, my favorite dip is ranch and ketchup.

2. At restaurants or convenient stores, when I get a fountain drink, I can't take the top cup or the lid. I have to pick one that's several down in the pile. I don't like the thought of someone touching my cups and lids.

3. Also when using public restrooms, I have to throw away the first few squares of toilet paper. The thought that someone's touched my toilet paper disturbs me.

4. I am a channel surfer. I don't have cable, and when I'm working or babysitting and have a chance to watch t.v. (which is very rare) I just scroll through the guide. But if there's no cable box, I just surf channels for a long time, unless I find something interesting. I'm even worse in the car. If I'm not listening to a CD, I just run through all the stations searching for a good song. If I find one I like (usually I join at the end of the song) I listen until it's over and continue searching. And by searching, I mean continuously changing stations. I can't use the scan button because it's too slow. I have no patience for that.

5. I can't stand the snow that builds up between the tire and the car. It's not the snow that bothers me, just the lumpy chunks of snow and ice sitting there. I always kick mine off, but in parking lots, it takes a lot of willpower for me to not kick off the chunks on other people's cars as well.

6. I hate hot air blowing on my face. I'm a little better now, but I used to sleep in the middle of winter (in Nebraska) with my blankets pulled up to my chin, double layered, with my window cracked. And I'd stick my fan in front of my window and blow freezing cold air onto my face. Now when it's cold outside, after the inside of my car gets a little warm, I switch my heat to my feet so I can save my face the torture.

Amazingly, I have a million other quirks that some people might find odd, annoying, freakish, or a combination of all three. I hope you've enjoyed getting to know me better.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

i find everything about you weird and annoying