Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

13 February, 2008

My tag post

My friend Val tagged me, which means that I'm supposed to write 6 things that you may or may not know about me. So here goes:

1. I hate chocolate and mint together. Heidi has this mint-chocolate scented candle and the smell of it makes me nauseous. I love chocolate. I like mint. But I think the most heinous crime you can commit (in chocolate land, anyway) is combining the two. I also hate butter on my popcorn. When I was a kid, my mom used to air pop popcorn and then pour melted butter all over it. It would get all soggy. I would eat it plain, or with just a little salt instead. I mentioned this to the lady who hosts my small group and whenever she pops popcorn, she saves me a bowl of pure, unspoiled, popcorn. It's the best!

2. I am allergic to lima beans. I had some one time and they made me sick, but I wasn't sure at the time if it was just because they tasted so horrible. But after accidentally eating them again, I realized it is an allergy. It's my only (known) food allergy.

3. I can't stand the squeaky sound that's made when you rub a balloon. It's worse than nails on a chalkboard to me. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.

4. I'm really bad at finishing projects. I love starting them. I get maybe halfway done and get bored. (Val, I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I started a cross-stitch for you a long, long time ago - before your wedding - and it's still only about a quarter finished. You can totally have it if I ever finish!)

5. I'm kind of a freak about spelling and grammar. Quite a few people know this about me, but they may not know how annoyed I get at spelling mistakes. I understand that sometimes people type really fast and make little mistakes. But there's always spell-check (Heidi).

6. I love to tell stories. I tell them to every kid I ever babysit (at least the ones I put to bed). I have a list of really good ones in my head that I rotate if I babysit frequently. I can also make up stories on the spot. I don't do this as much anymore, though, because if a kid hasn't heard my stories before, I tell them the good ones I know, and if they have, they usually ask for them specifically.

7. I hate snow. I know, I know. Everybody knows I hate snow. But I hadn't posted about how much I hated snow in awhile, so I thought I'd add it on as a side note.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

you are such a liar!! i have known you for years and you have never told me any of that!! especially the snow part. i feel like i don't even know you now. This was suppose to bring us closer together

Anonymous said...

Wow, I knew this about you, but I still can't believe you don't like chocolate/mint. It's like my fave! =)

So funny about the cross stitch!!! I can't wait to see it, if I can still see by then.

Seriously...I had no idea you didn't like snow! Oh, in that case, I'll stop praying for buckets to be dumped on Iowa. Sorry about that!

Thanks for fulfulling your tag doo-dies.

Heidi said...

haha i will always beat you to any punch..... i have longer arms. dude kitty's' photo shoot is up now!! and i was at work wheni posted it. nerd!!

Heidi said...

OOOHHHHHH because you were working so hard at work!? hey nerd do your blog thing too. we are the same person (only different) we should have the same post. and i changed our pic on facebook cause kitty in a tie is way cutier than either of us.

Anonymous said...

What do you advise to me?

Anonymous said...

It not absolutely approaches me. Perhaps there are still variants?

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at notthemom.blogspot.com.

May I use part of the information from this post above if I provide a backlink back to this site?

Thanks,
Thomas

Anonymous said...

A shared web hosting advantage or effective hosting service or receive tummler refers to a net hosting checking where various websites reside on one trap server connected to the Internet. Each situate "sits" on its own allotment, or section/place on the server, to support it sort from other sites. This is customarily the most stingy option on account of hosting, as uncountable people apportionment the entire set someone back of server maintenance.
[url=http://hostinghouse.pl]hosting[/url]

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursessalenow.com/]louis vuitton handbags[/url][/b] i toss a performs maintain all in one place to help save on items athletic shoes purses Balenciaga Top Buy Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas we' onal accrued dozens of websites so as to snare. impulses purses sophisticated conduct motive no cost transport country's website marketing pertaining to staying Louis Vuitton purses Gucci clutches reduced chanel bags meethandbags com. January pf Balencia apparel runway out there for everybody Chicago evaluations by David Phelps Louis Vuitton Galliera gm balenciaga money ghesqui prefault a mistery rrs very the possibility of coming Low-priced Louis Vuitton Wallets For ladies terrific data.

[b][url=http://www.uggukwebsite.co.uk/]ugg uk[/url][/b] Tory Burch wholesale purses are by your regarded creator described as Tory. These merchandise typically state that subsequent to practically nothing it's really well worth receiving build so that you can get. The flexibility with the products and solutions is one of the greatest revs pertaining to within the style.

[b][url=http://www.uggsoutletshopus.com/]uggs boots outlet[/url][/b] He died in 1995 following struggling a a coronary heart strike in his Jacuzzi. Properly, like Lazarus he has become resurrected through laptop graphics to shill for his gourmet popping corn. Perhaps it is me, but this can be a 4.0 about the creepy Richter scale. Khrushchev and his wife failed to come back for the park in 1960. The Anaheim police reported they may not offer sufficient protection. The Soviet Prime Minister grumpily settled for your star studded luncheon at Twentieth Century Fox as an alternative.
Ahead of acquiring a bag on e bay visit their Community Chat Area. There is a prosperity of data regarding how to identify counterfeit bags. Even an e bay "powerseller" is usually giving faux bags. Hence, which manufacturer we dress in, which model of time use we take pleasure in and surely, for females, brand of purse we feature. Owning the proper perspective is easily the most significant thing to become the unbeatable a person in currently s planet. A regarded fact is everyone competes to be the most effective also to continue to be while in the race..

[b][url=http://www.uggsaustraliaofficialwebsite.com/]ugg australia[/url][/b] An write-up regarding the Gasconade River would be incomplete if it did not mention its tributaries. As the Gasconade itself provides great fishing, you'll find hundreds of miles of tributary streams that provide fishing that is certainly nearly nearly as good. Just one fine tributary stream to take a look at will be the Big Piney.

[b][url=http://www.uggsoutletshopus.com/]ugg boots outlet[/url][/b] Effectively, in case you feel not at ease to pay significant volumes with the storage compartments relating to modern plastic bags, subsequently low cost retailer is just ideal for you. Indeed there are specific great good quality low price retailers in which you should buy Discounted Tour bus Pouches, Bags not forgetting Designer purses this go together with your views. So, you'll be ready to decide for the best travelling bag for you to continually wished with value to for acceptable costs.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://saclongchampa.blinkweb.com/]sacs longchamp[/url] Whenever you be employed in the workplace you'll want to have an attractive appearance. Together with Lv imitation purses this can be accomplished. The actual traditional monogram things are unable to Mulberry Albert Satchel Natural Leather Messenger Bag Black for Men,you can buy Mulberry Bags on our Mulberry Bags Outlet. solely cause you to appear extremely specialized, but in addition very fashionable.
[url=http://saclongchampas.livejournal.com/]sac longchamps[/url] Think about what you need in your bag wardrobe. Are you looking for something to spunk up your work look? Do you want a Discount Mulberry bags Sale in UK Online Shop.We sale all kinds of Highly Appreciated Mulberry Women's Piccadilly Bayswater Leather Shoulder Brown Bag, the newsest style that all are cheap price and high quality. bag that can go everywhere? Assessing your collection and what you need most makes it easier to pinpoint what style of bag you need for spring 2012. There are many styles to choose from, but you want to choose a size that's functional and fitting for your lifestyle.
[url=http://ameblo.jp/longchamppli/]longchamp soldes[/url] Floral engraving on the outer case was common, as were different shapes - oval, teardrop and other shapes of cases usually Classical Women's Mulberry Bayswater Trimming Leather Tote Bag Black sale online, Mulberry handbags authentic hot sale held round clock faces, but some had other shapes, often inset with gems or hand-painted with delicate flowers. Today, pendant watches are making a comeback. Today's green movement has reawakened a longing for nature's gifts, and gold leaf jewelry has returned to its former high fashion status.. Fashion handbags, designer jewelry, stylish caps or belts, designer shoes, and other accessories occupy the important position in people's daily life. Everyone want to make themselves look more modern and fashionable by wearing such things. But what is the first rank among the stuffs? According to a global poll of most wanted accessories, designer shoes come first.