Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

17 February, 2008

Snow snow and more snow

We had rain here all night and sometime after 6 am (I was up early to take Bodie out and checked the weather) the temp. finally dropped below 33 and the roads got icy. And then it started to snow. It's supposed to snow all day and this afternoon the winds are going to pick up throwing us into a blizzard. Hurray! I watched the news when I woke up, trying to see if my church had canceled but they weren't listed on the closings. So I got ready until my mom said she looked online and saw that they had a short early service and cancelled the late one. And then I just read an e-mail from my small group leader and my small group is cancelled this evening. So now I'm stuck inside with nothing to do and I didn't even sleep in. Bummer. And in case there's any question: I HATE SNOW!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

we got snow in KC too. it was fantastic!!! so pretty and it was mostly melted and slushie by afternoon.

Anonymous said...

It cracks me up how much you talk about snow! =)

Heidi said...

i know you would think she secretly loves it.

Anonymous said...

EXACTLY!!! Noves, remember when I would say, "Let's talk about Josh." This is now you...."Let's talk about snow."

Anonymous said...

Iowa Poem

It's winter in Iowa
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Iowa
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Iowa
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.