- Celebrating the birth of my Savior, Jesus Christ, marveling that He gave up His divinity to become a little baby. And trying to imagine what he must have thought about everything he heard and saw. What were His first words? How long did He learn from His parents before He surpassed them in wisdom?
- Christmas music!!!!
- Christmas movies!!!
- Christmas specials on t.v.!! (All of my favorite shows with a Christmas theme)
- Christmas commercials! (think Coca-Cola Polar Bears)
- Decorating
- Christmas candles (my favorites: Christmas cookies, pine tree, and apple)
- Festive lights everywhere I go. I love how the streetlights even seem to match the overall decor. And I love driving around looking at all the pretty houses all dolled up for the holidays.
- Christmas Eve at my grandma's and seeing family I only see once or twice a year.
- All the yummy-ness of Christmas gorging. My family spends a better part of the day munching on snacks and then we eat a big dinner, have some dessert, and spend the evening munching on snacks. (Joey's idea to wear maternity pants on Thanksgiving may not be such a bad idea after all.)
- Buying Christmas presents for my boys - even though I won't see them this year. At least I can picture them opening their gifts.
- How excited children get about their big visit from Santa
- Having a viable (in their eyes) threat for better behavior: "Olivia, every time you do something wrong, Santa gives you a bad check mark and when you do something good, you get a good check mark. You don't want another bad check mark do you?" "Olivia, when my brothers and sister and I were kids, my older brother was really bad one year and Santa left presents for everyone except him. The only presents he got were from my parents and my grandparents." (I really told her that.)
- Making holiday crafts. Pretty soon Olivia's cupboards and doors will be completely covered in the kids' artwork.
- Looking forward to Bodie's first Christmas.
- Two words: Christmas cookies
- Reese's peanut butter trees
- Turning the lights off, sitting my the tree and listening to soothing music. In a word: ambiance.
- Familiar stories: Twas the Night Before Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Frosty, and many many more
- Trying to imagine what Mary must have felt. A young girl, no parents, no midwives, just a husband (who was probably as clueless about childbirth as she was.) Trying to picture her disappointment when there was nowhere for them to sleep. Was she scared? Worried? Or just completely faithful? She just had a baby in a stable, was it really a "silent" night?
- Wrapping Christmas presents
- Holiday baking.
- Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with string...Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, silver white winters that melt into spring...these are a few of Julie Andrews favorite things. (I know, you don't have to tell me how odd I am for me to know what you're thinking.)
- The spirit of Christmas: scores of people all over the world suddenly feeling lighter and freer and jollier and merrier and more generous. It's infectious.
- Christmas is another step closer to a new year and everything that brings.
- Shoveling snow and scraping ice off of my car. Wait, no, that's not really one of them.
- Counting the days until Josh comes home on leave!
- Tis the season for hot chocolate!
- Tis the season for holiday shopping!
30. Tis the season to wear green (my favorite color, naturally)!
Merry Christmas Season everyone!
6 comments:
i love hot cocoa!!! man your list is way better than mine!!
AWESOME LIST!!!
You know what it means if you wear green, don't you????
Does it mean I'm actually an elf in disguise?
only this time if year. the rest of the time i would consider you an leprican
So I think you should post happy fun holiday cheer everyday!!! more more more!!!! Your favorite aunt.
AAAHHHHH you clander is stuck on the 2nd of december!! either that or we r in a time warp. fix i noves or we will never get to christmas!!
Post a Comment