Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

15 November, 2007

To a Terrific Friend

Today is a very special day. It is the anniversary of the day one of my best friends was born. Heidi Elizabeth Gliedt, known to most people simply as Heidi, or Heidi Gliedt, is celebrating her 27th birthday today. Anyway, Heidi is such a great friend. She always does little things to make my life better. For example, sometimes she'll say really stupid things, or spell things wrong, or just act really ditzy. I know it's only because she wants to make me feel good about myself. Which it does. It makes me feel smart.

Heidi and I have known each other for only 4 years and 3 months. But it feels like we've been friends for a lot longer than that. When we first met, people called me several different names, so she says she didn't know what my name really was, and it really confused her. Some people called me Jen, some called me Novey or Noves, or Supernovey, or Supernovial, or Supernova, or Nova Scotia. I can kind of see how it might get a little confusing, but she finally knows my name and now calls me Canola. (I don't know why. You'll have to ask her.)

One great thing about Heidi is that we think almost exactly alike. It's scary, I know. But we can just be stupid around each other and not feel like we're being judged. Or at least we know that if we are being judged, it's not going to affect our friendship. Or at least we know that our stupidness cancels each other's stupidness out.

Anyway, Heidi is a wonderful person, my kindred spirit. And I am so thankful that she's my close and dear friend.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI!!!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

THANKS NOVES YOU ARE THE BEST!!

Novey said...

Why do I only get a thanks. You told Val you wanted to make more memories with her. Why don't you want to make more memories with me?

Heidi said...

becasue we make to many memories. a lot of them i wish i could forget but they are burned into my memory like a nightmaare. enough with the memory making. already!!

just kidding... ahhhhhh memories..

Anonymous said...

can viagra be used by women viagra lawyer columbus negative effects of viagra purchase viagra how long does viagra last free viagra samples before buying viagra cialis levitra viagra pill negative effects of viagra viagra women viagra overnight buying viagra generic brands of viagra online viagra oral