Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

21 November, 2007

(Don't) Let It Snow

This is the view from my back door. Can you tell where Bodie was running?

Yes, it's that time of year again. It's beginning to look like a miserable season. Today we had our very first snow. Usually we start out with a couple of times where we get a few flurries, maybe a light dusting on the ground. Wouldn't that have been nice. Well, the weatherpeeps said that we were going to get about 1/4 inch here in the Des Moines area. Try multiplying by 16. That's right. Part of Des Moines got 4 inches of snow.


I don't know if a lot of people know this (I only tell every person I see) but I'm not a big fan of snow. It's okay every once and awhile. And it looks pretty in pictures. And I do like how clean and clear the air is afterward. But I don't like the shoveling. And the scraping. And carrying a bunch of it in on my boots. (Today, I did not wear boots. I didn't even wear shoes that completely covered my feet. I wore shoes that had velcro straps on the top with lots of big holes on top. Cute shoes for spring and summer. Not so much for cold and snowy.)


Now Thanksgiving is going to be here in a few hours. Heather and the boys are on their way and we have snow. The worst part is the high on Monday - 2 days ago! - was 70.


Okay, I guess it's not all bad. Bodie got to enjoy his very first snowfall. I wasn't really sure how he'd take it. He's little and scrawny and hates getting wet. But he absolutely loved it. He bounded out into the yard and ran around forever in it. The snow was perfect snow for bounding. Very big fluffy snowflakes. And then he'd put his face into the snow to try and eat some and pull his head up and shake the snow off of his nose. Very cute. I just wish it would have waited a couple more days.



Isn't that the cutest picture ever? He's trying to eat the snow, while dancing around in circles.



He just couldn't get enough. I had to make him go inside because I was getting too cold.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

He is so cute I love him.