Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

29 November, 2007

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

I absolutely love love love love the Christmas season. I just put up all the decorations yesterday and even lit the pine tree candle to make it seem like we have a real tree and lit a Christmas cookies candle because I didn't have time or energy or desire to make real ones.


Anyway, it is now the start of the holiday season (it really is - yesterday was the big lighting of the tree in Rockefeller Center - this year's tree: 84 feet tall. See picture above.) So, I've decided to compile a list of the greatest Christmas movies of all time. I'll try to remember them all. Here goes:
1. It's a Wonderful Life

2. Miracle on 34th Street (the classic version is the best, but the remake is also very good)

3. Love Actually

4. A Christmas Story

5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon version)

6. The Holiday

7. A Christmas Carol

8. Mickey's Christmas Carol

9. White Christmas

10. Frosty the Snowman

11. Elf

12. The Simpson's Christmas (not technically a movie, but it is the length of 2 regular shows and very funny.

13. The Polar Express

14. A Charlie Brown Christmas

15. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer


If I forgot any, let me know. And if you think I forgot Home Alone, I didn't.

Merry Christmas Season!!!!!!!!!
Postnote:
I forgot to mention National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It ranks towards the top, but I don't feel like fixing all of my numbers, so I'll put it down here instead.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

well if i think of any others you forgot i will tell you

Anonymous said...

Great list! It's funny, I was scrolling down thinking, "She totally forgot National Lampoon's christmas Vacation." But, then you didn't. =)