1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever's handy
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love the smell of real, but it's too much work. So I do artificial with pine tree candles.
3. When do you put up the tree? We used to have to wait until after my mom's birthday (Dec. 6) but now I do it as soon after Thanksgiving as I can. I put it up exactly one week ago today.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I get around to it, sometime after the first of the year.
5. Do you like egg nog? Not from the store, but one year Heidi made some really yummy homemade egg nog (with liquor of course) and it was terrific!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Manolo Blahniks. Maybe that's what I wish I'd get this year. I think I got my Cabbage Patch Kid when I was about 7. Her name is Amanda. I still have her. I saw her in a box just this evening and I said, "Hi Amanda" and I gave her a kiss on her herd (maybe I shouldn't tell people that). My brothers and sister used to throw her up by her (cornsilk) hair and I was sure they were hurting her. I also was sure she could talk. She never did. I think if she started talking to me now, I'd freak out.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, I enjoy my mom's though.
8. Hardest person to buy for? I can't think of anyone. If I don't know what to get someone, I just give them a gift card. It is hard to know what to give the extended relatives. We give stocking stuffers every year and there are a lot of us, so they can't cost much. I know what I'm doing this year, though, so it'll be easier.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Blake. Two years ago he asked Santa for a "little present". Last year he wanted a "yellow car" and this year he wants a "red car". Bryce when he was 3 wanted a soccer ball, spiderman candy canes (just regular ones with spiderman stickers on the box) and an apple. So I guess he's the second easiest to buy for.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I don't mind either one. Mail is so much more personal and we display all of our cards.
11. Ever recycled a Christmas present? I'd be lying if I said no.
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I plead the fifth.
13. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th St. and Love Actually. See my previous posts.
14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I haven't yet.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything. The smorgasbord of treats and goodies at my grandma's house.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Traditional: O Come O Come Emmanuel, and O Holy Night. But Todd Agnew's Christmas album is hands down the best Christmas album I've ever heard in my life. And I don't say that lightly.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I travel an hour to my grandma's.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course I can. I just sing the song. I'm a nanny. How many kids songs do I NOT know?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Anything that looks classy. Right now there's an angel on mine.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We have our big bash at my grandma's on Christmas Eve. Then the immediate fam on Christmas. When we were little, though, and didn't make it to Iowa for the holidays, we'd open one on Christmas Eve (or sometimes we'd open our stockings on Christmas Eve) and wait til the next day to finish the rest.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The crowds. And inflatable lawn decorations. And the station that plays the exact same songs over and over.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like blue, silver and white. Or also purple silver and white. Right now, mine is just our normal ornaments, though. Nothing as classy as I'd like.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? My boys. But I won't get them. I don't really care what I get. As long as I can eat lots of food.
25. Do you hang mistletoe? What would be the point?
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Happy Birthday Novey's mom!...."
Great Q & A, Noves!
Post a Comment