Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

14 December, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Okay, so maybe I'm not really dreaming of it. But at the rate we're going, I'm going to get one anyway. So Heidi came up this past weekend for a visit. We had a wonderful time relaxing, watching Christmas movies, and playing on my uncle's Wii. We had hot cocoa (Heidi's was covered in marshmallows and mine had whip cream). We saw some really cool lights. A guy here in Ankeny has lights set to music and you can tune in on the radio and watch the light show. It's only 3 songs that replay over and over, but it's still fun to watch. And Bodie made a new best friend. He'd come when Heidi called him, but not me. After she left, he wandered around the house listlessly, trying to figure out where his friend had gone. Luckily my mom came home on Tuesday so he was finally happy again.

And where did my mom go? Florida for a golf tournament that's held to raise money for a scholarship in my uncle's name. Anyway, she had a great time. My little bro reserved a room for her at a hotel situated on the beach (she could leave her room, walk down a ramp and be at the beach) and a convertible to drive around in (a brand new Chrysler Sebring - with only 8 miles on it, so no yucky smokey smell like Heidi and I had in the car we rented for our road trip to Florida). Anyway, she had the time of her life and even got to wait around the airport for a long time since we had an ice storm on Tuesday morning that closed the airport down for a few hours. Yesterday we had sun for the first time in forever. My car is now completely ice free and last night I opened my trash can for the first time in 3 days.

Other than that, nothing exciting. The Nahas kids are all sick and now so am I. Not as bad as George and Jimmy, though. Hopefully I'll be A-OK on Monday (and hopefully I'm not an invalid for the weekend since I have only 2 more weekends to shop).
I'd love to post pictures of me and Heidi, but my mom took my camera with her to Florida, so I only get the pictures that Heidi sends me. By the way, Heidi, please don't forget to send me the pics of the weekend.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

yeah sorry i forgot. i will get righton that. it was a great weekend though thanks.

Anonymous said...

wow! That sounds like an awesome time for your mom! I could go for a convertible....

I hope you have a beautiful, white Christmas. My should be the usual smoggy gray. =)

Heidi said...

haha still haven't sent those pictures sorry. this time i really will at least think about it.