Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

02 March, 2008

Treadmill

Tasha bought a treadmill a couple of weeks ago and finally got it put together. She got it at Walmart for really cheap and said it worked pretty good for the price. I decided to buy one. But then I read the reviews on the one Tasha got and there were a lot of bad ones. Most of the bad ones said they got it put together and it didn't work. Or it worked for a week and then stopped. I decided not to get it. So then I looked at K-mart online and they had some on sale. And the reviews were all pretty good so I called up the nearest one and they had it.

So I bought myself a treadmill. They were really nice and brought it out to my car. It didn't fit, so I drove home with my trunk roped together and a treadmill half hanging out. But I made it home. It didn't look all that heavy at the store. But it turns out that the box weighed about 125 pounds. That's a lot of pounds in a very large box that I somehow managed to get into my house and drag to my living room. It was a lot harder than you would think. I am not very handy, so I let my mom know that she was going to put it together and I went out last night to babysit. But unfortunately you can't put the thing together with one person. It requires two. That's the first thing it said in the directions. It should have said you need a professional team of at least 8 to put it together, but they left that part out. So we started around 9:45. The biggest problem we had was that the screws didn't fit into the holes. My mom has an electric drill but my dog ate the cord to the charger several months ago. Amazingly it still had power left. But only for about 3 minutes. That was long enough to realize that even with a power drill, the screws were not going to work. I was smart enough to figure out that we should get smaller screws. I found some that worked and we used those. The next problem was that the part of the treadmill that controls the incline had this round spacer. The hole for the spacer was too high to easily get the bolt in on one side. After tilting and wriggling for over 30 minutes, I finally got the bolt to go through. We finally got it all together and then we realize that they had given us two left handlebars and no right one. This might not seem like such a big deal since they're exactly the same size. However, the holes didn't line up at, so the bolts wouldn't fit through. I took a wire and threaded it through to tie the handlebar in place until we can get it replaced. This seemed like the easiest solution, but since the holes didn't line up and there's about 2 inches of space inside the bar, it took me about 15-20 minutes to get the wire in.

So, it took us from 9:45 until after 2:30 to get it all together. And then we still had to turn it on and make sure it worked (thankfully it did, or I might have started crying or screaming after all that work.) I didn't get to bed until 3 this morning when I usually go to bed around 10:30 or 11 (or earlier sometimes.) The good news is that all the work was more than enough to make up for about 3 workouts on the treadmill, so I don't even have to use it for awhile. Seriously, though, my arms are so sore from everything. And now I have a treadmill that I can use when I watch t.v.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey! that's exciting. What a pain to put together though!! I've heard so many stories about assembly issues and things missing or duplicates. How annoying.

That's great that got one though!

Heidi said...

i am aso proud of you. like i said you r an inspiration for all you perspiration. hahah i made that up on my own.

by the way i sure hope you had a red flag on the end of that thing when it hung out your trunk. i will call you in for a traffic violation!

Heidi said...

i don't know how often you look at joe and michell's blog but there is pic there of joe where he looks just like jody

Heidi said...

spelled michelle's name wrong

Anonymous said...

Ok... you've had it for a couple of days. How's it going now? Brenda

Hey, thanks for coming for supper last week. That was fun!