So George is mostly potty-trained except for the pooping part. He just refuses to poop in the toilet. He will wait all day long and the second he puts his diaper on at night, he'll poop in it. Anyway, I decided that he was going to overcome this yesterday. I spent the entire day listening him begging for a diaper. I stayed strong and didn't give in. I worked late last night, too, and finally at 6:40 pm all my hard work and struggling paid off and he pooped in the toilet. I'm so excited.
Yesterday, we were all sitting at the table eating lunch, and Tasha said something silly to Olivia. I don't remember what it was. And Olivia in the most sarcastic voice I've ever heard her use said, "Whatever, freak-o." It was classic.
Also yesterday, I went to Hy-Vee (a grocery store) to get some berries. While I was there, I saw a bunch of scrapbook materials on sale. I stocked up on scrapbook kits, ink pads, stamp sets, a paper cutter, stencils, all sorts of things. Everything was 50 cents. I'm not kidding. I probably got around $70-80 worth of stuff for about 6 bones. I was so excited. They were just phasing them out and practically giving them away. I don't know when I'm going to use it, but it's fun to know that I have it if I ever want it.
I would also like to take this post to a more serious level and mourn the defeat of Roger Federer in the Australian Open. He's unbeatable practically. This is the first time in years that he has lost in a major before reaching the final. And he's only lost the final to Nadal at the French Open two years in a row (but that's only because it's played on clay which he's not as good at.) Anyway, I'm in shock.
Speaking of serious things and shock and mourning. I cannot believe that Heath Ledger died this week. What's more, I cannot believe that Jim and Carey didn't know who he was. And Tasha didn't know until I told her all the movies he was in. I don't know what is more unbelievable, that he died or that there are people who don't know who he was.
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Seriously....
1) People don't know who Heath is?
2) People care that much about tennis?
3) You got that scrapping stuff so cheap! Lucky! (you should start a "ode to Val" book)
4) your bosses names are Jim Carey! (Josh would love them)
I love that you said bones, instead of dollars. I am glad I have made a few impacts on your life.
I can't believe you got all of that stuff at HY-VEE??? Didn't know they had it there, but I'll be watching for it now. I too was shocked to hear about Heath...terrible. Brenda
Post a Comment