There have been several times lately where something has happened and I wish I had a camera in my hand, but I don't have time to run and get it before the opportunity has passed. To name a couple...
The twins have been sick for the past week and have been on antibiotics and steroids. If anyone knows anything about babies, they know that medicines make for nasty runny diapers. Well after having changed Jimmy several times on Thursday, I looked over at him and saw something I had never seen before in all of my years around children. Jimmy was (thankfully) wearing a shirt that didn't snap around his bottom and pants that were (thankfully) pushed down a little. Anyway, there's always this space between the diaper and the bottom when a baby sits down. Jimmy's was about an inch and a half and I noticed that it look kind of shaded. On closer inspection, I noticed that he had pooped and instead of being held by his diaper the way it's supposed to be, it had oozed up into that little area and was just pooled there. It was really funny and really gross. I didn't want to take the chance that he'd lay down or roll around before I got to him, but I so wish I had gotten a picture of that.
Another such instance was last night. Bodie had somehow taken a hanger under the bed with him (where he likes to hide treasures, usually my bras, underwear, or shoes). All of the sudden he starts to cry and yelp and I looked at him. He was stuck inside the hanger and couldn't get out. Instead of getting it off right away, I picked him up to go show my mom. Unfortunately the hanger managed to come free before she saw him and I didn't get a picture of that, either. Bodie was really mad at me for laughing at him and not rescuing him like he thought I would and he hid from me and didn't talk to me for a good 3 or 4 minutes. (He forgets things easily. In dog time that's almost a half hour.) Good times.
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thank goodness for 10sec memories. that is the only reason trisket and kitty still love us. i mean seriously did you see their christmas pictures
I never thought of it like that! So, when we leave Bo at home for, say, church, it's really like we're gone for a few days....no wonder he flips out.
Cute stories!
Post a Comment