So anyone who has been in another dimension for the past couple of years might not have heard about this church in Kansas that protests at funerals of fallen soldiers with signs that say things like "God hates fags" and "Thank God for dead soldiers". This church believes that God is punishing America for it's stance on homosexuality and that is why soldiers are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. Anyway, the thought of someone actually going to a funeral where families and friends are grieving for a lost loved one and telling them that their soldier died because God hates America is repulsive at best. It really makes me sick just thinking about it.
I am sure that everyone has heard about this. But finally, some good news. A father in Maryland who lost his son in Iraq and had the funeral interrupted by these people sued them and was awarded a ton of money, upwards of 11 million dollars. It makes me feel better knowing that the people responsible for these pickets (namely the pastor and his daughters) have pretty much been ruined financially, and one can only hope the church as well. Hopefully this will halt future attempts of public protest. Any church who preaches a message of hate toward America and our soldiers isn't preaching the true gospel.
Here's the link to the msnbc article. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21566280/
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I friend of Mikes family made a mention he was in a biker club. This club offers as a free service to ride along the side of funeral processions (an American Flag Strung out so no one in the hearse or limo following can see inside) to keep such people away from the family so that they do not have to endure this in a time of grief. Just to add here recently I saw a comment "If you do not stand behind our troops. Then please, please stand in front of them.
that is just aweful! i don't know why you would ever do that to other people! if i ever meet one of them i will let them feel my new boot. i'll give them a hoooo, a hhhaaaa, and then a hiiiyahhh! and then i'd kick them sir.
Nice play off of Anastasia.
Hey Heidi, if you're ever on here and don't want Heather to know what you're saying, the best thing to do is to spell it out. I'll let you in on a little secret. S-h-e c-a-n r-e-a-d b-u-t s-h-e c-a-n-'-t s-p-e-l-l v-e-r-y w-e-l-l. Just a little FYI.
wait?...what? i have no idea what you said there at the end. i think it is a problem with the fact that i can read but i can't spell. you will have to say it again but a little more clearly.
Post a Comment