Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

08 October, 2007

Dog Days

So I dog sat this weekend for a family on the block where I work. Just from Saturday to Sunday. I brought Bodie with me. They have this golden-doodle (golden retriever/miniature poodle) puppy that's a few weeks older than Bodie. The dog is insane. He's very friendly. Too friendly. First, he doesn't know the difference between a girl dog and a boy dog. Or maybe he does, but my dog doesn't shoot that way if you know what I mean. And he just kept chasing Bodie everywhere. They wrestled for hours and hours. The only time they stopped was when I picked Bodie up to give him a chance to rest or when Bodie finally realized he fit under the sofa and Nola (the other dog) didn't.
Anyway, it kind of annoyed me a lot until I got home on Sunday morning. I was tired from not having slept much so I took a nap. Bodie slept from around 11:30 to 2:30 and then went outside for about an hour. Then he came in and slept for a few more hours and went outside for about 30 minutes. Then he came in and slept for a few more hours. I was really getting worried that he wouldn't sleep at night. Around 11:30, after he'd slept pretty much the entire day, I dropped an empty water bottle on the floor accidentally and Bodie chased after it. I was thinking, "great, now he's awake and I'm ready for bed". But after he chewed on it for about 15 seconds, he got tired again and laid down on the floor. Then he slept all night long. So, this whole long story just to say how happy I am that I dogsat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh! That's how Bo is with his own daughter! So gross! =)

Just think, when you have your own newborn, you're going to be thinking, "What's the big deal. I don't get what all the fuss is about."

Heidi said...

i wish i had a dog. stupid apartment.

if i could get one i would get a laberdoodle. i think it is funny that it is the thing now to combine so many dog with poodles and get _______oodles. very catchy.

Novey said...

My brother thought Bodie was going to be half chihuahua instead of the yorkie part. Do you know what you get when you mix it with a dachshund? A Chiweenie (I'm not sure of the spelling on that). That's even funnier than a Dorkie. But I'd much rather have my dog. I hate chihuahuas.

Heidi said...

well i am sure they don't like that either.