Memorable Verse

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander

03 April, 2008

Yes, I am going to blog about the same thing I've blogged about for the past 5 months

Yes, you guessed it. It snowed again. And I just have to say how much I hate it. I was finally starting to hope that winter was really gone and spring was finally here. I'm just going to be positive and believe that this is the last snowfall of the season.

In other news...I was sleeping in my bed (which is where I normally sleep) but somehow during the night, Bodie had taken over. I didn't know it at the time, but I was sleeping right on the edge of my bed, even though I thought I was in the middle. Anyway, in the middle of the night on Tuesday, I rolled over. Now that Bodie sleeps with me, I always push myself up first, just to make sure I don't accidentally roll over on top of him. I don't think I'd hurt him now, but I got used to doing that since he was so tiny as a puppy. Anyway, I kind of plopped down onto my pillow, but instead of my head hitting my pillow, it hit the shelves on the side of my bed. Face first. My head hurt a lot and I got up to take Bodie outside. And that's when I noticed the blood gushing out of the open wound on my forehead. I was really lucky. If my face had hit further down, the corner that sliced my head could have knocked out my eye. And I'm not exaggerating. I really came down hard on it.

My head was throbbing yesterday. And today it hurt a lot, too. It's also getting infected and has been oozy all day. It's gross, but I think I'm going to survive. I'm not as sure that I'll survive the snow, though.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

oh man and i am not there!! i love snow! sorry about your head if i was there i would kiss it but them i would get your infection. which would probably kill me. so on second thought i would just give youa hug. you know the kind they give in middle school where we act like we r scared to touch.

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I didn't realize it was that bad! I saw your status on facebook, but I had no idea it was so bad. I'm so sorry!!!

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side: you'll have a cool scar to show your kids where you hit your head and could have had your eye poked out. :-)
If you need it kissed, I would happily do it. That's what moms are for. I would take the infection and die, just for you. (I'd better get more life insurance first; hang in there a few more days.)

Heidi said...

I get to see in a few days!! yeah!!