I just wanted to say a very heartfelt HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful friend Val. Val and I became friends our first semester at college. I think it was actually the first weekend after our first week of classes that we met. I had brought a fellow JBUer downstairs to our dorm basement to teach her how to do laundry as she had never done it herself before. And while we were waiting, we were going to watch t.v. because there was a big one in the basement. Well, there was Val watching one of my favorite shows. SNL (Saturday Night Live for anyone who doesn't know what SNL means. Well, now you do.) And it wasn't just any SNL. It was the Chris Farley special. One of the best ones ever. And we've been friends ever since. That was 7 years, 10 months, and about a gazillion memories ago.
Valerie is simply wonderful, sweet, super-cool, hilarious, and totally fashionable! She is currently serving God overseas in the Philippines, raising two (and soon to be 3) wonderful kids and bringing an immense amount of joy and sunshine to the people around her. (As well as teaching her children how to be wonderful, sweet, super-cool, hilarious, and totally fashionable.) I am so blessed to have her as a friend and so excited to see her very soon since she's on furlough and is now back stateside!
Anyway, Valerie, I hope you're having a wonderful birthday!!! I love you and miss you and am blessed daily by your friendship.
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! I love you so much! We HAVE had the best 7 ++ years of memories together. I'm so thankful for you and your friendship. I'm so glad you're going to be in my life for another 50 years or so!!! Love you
Post a Comment