I’m sorry that it’s been so long since I last posted. I’ve been a little busy. To catch you up on everything I’ve been doing:
Well, I recently went back to school to work on getting my teaching license. It should take me about 1 ½ years, depending on how quickly I learn. I’m kind of excited about that. It has made it difficult to do much since it kind of eats up my free time.
Last weekend I went to my friend Abby’s wedding. I plan on posting pictures, but my batteries are dead in my camera, so I will post them at a later date (but soon, Val, I promise!) Her wedding was in Edmund, Oklahoma. That is actually right outside of Oklahoma City. So I drove to Heidi’s apartment in Hutchinson, Kansas on Friday night after work and the plan was to ride in Heidi’s car to Edmund the following day.
The trip down there was a 6 hour drive, but it ended up taking me 7 hours because of stops. I also made a decision to not drive more than 5 miles over the posted speed limit. (This was difficult for me because I routinely like to drive between 80-85 on my trips to Kansas City, even though the speed limit is 70.) It turned out to be a good thing because I passed so many cops I couldn’t keep track. It was nice to not get that queasy feeling in my stomach whenever I saw one. It took the worry out of passing a police car.
I enjoyed a Chipotle burrito on my drive to Hutch. For anyone who has ever eaten a Chipotle burrito, I hope they appreciate the difficulty of eating one in a car. I did get quite a bit of rice on my lap, but other than that, I kept it pretty much together. By the time I got to Heidi’s, I was dead tired, so after a little chit-chat, I went to bed. We didn’t stay up all night like we normally do. When I woke up the next morning, however, I was having quite a bit of difficulty breathing. Heidi has two cats and of course I have an allergy to cats. They are spending the month at her parents’ house, and she washed all of her sheets and cleaned everything really well, but it just wasn’t enough. Anyway, even though she had cleaned her apartment, she hadn’t thought to clean out her car which was covered in cat hair thanks to their trip to her parents’ home 4 hours away. So we decided to take my car to Edmund, a 3 hour drive from Heidi’s.
The wedding was wonderful. Abby looked stunning and it was great to finally meet Arthur and grant our approval. Aden (Abby’s not-quite-5-year-old son) looked so handsome and he was full of charm and all-over cuteness. Just adorable! The wedding was actually kind of short. It started at 2 and Abby and Arthur pulled away at 4:30.
Heidi and I wanted to watch The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. We had planned on driving back to Hutchinson to watch it, but we decided to save money and go to a matinee. But I was way too dressed up, so we thought we’d shop for some cheap clothes. I got a cute outfit at Ross (with super cute Steve Madden flip-flops for only $7!!!) Heidi bought a hat that would have looked great on our cruise and a pair of sunglasses, but wasn’t able to find any clothes she really liked, even though we searched through 3 stores. It turned out to be a very fun day of shopping. And then we had to find a theater, which took probably close to 45 minutes. At that point it was after 7 and the next showing was at 8. We didn’t make the matinee so we didn’t save any money and we actually spent more on clothes than we would have saved anyway (quite a bit more actually). But we enjoyed the movie immensely! We got done after 10 pm and still had to drive 3 hours back to Hutchinson.
The following day, we got up for church and decided to spend some time at Heidi’s pool, which had just opened. So we got on our swimsuits, grabbed our towels and headed for the pool. It turned out that Heidi’s pool was super ghetto. It was freezing cold since it had just opened, so we couldn’t swim. It was almost too cold to put just our feet in. And there were no chairs to lay on. There was one folding chair, but that does no good. The ground was really rough, so we couldn’t lay on our towels, either. So we spent the next few hours looking at stuff online. I left later in the afternoon and drove the 7 hours back to my house, stopping for Chipotle again, of course. I could only eat half, though, and enjoyed the other half on Tuesday night while watching American Idol.
This past week I have been very busy. My mom got a new computer – which is now sitting in my room and I am typing on right now. And she got a new desk. I put everything together all by myself. I’m very proud of myself for getting the desk together since there were no words in the instructions, only diagrams. She only got the tower, keyboard, and mouse because we had an extra monitor. But we couldn’t find the cable to hook it up to the computer. We got that the following day, and I had to hook up the wireless adapter (again, I did that all by myself, too!) but we couldn’t find the CD to install it. My mom called the tech support earlier tonight and my (mom’s) computer is now fully functional. I won’t make any promises, but hopefully having it in my room will make it easier for me to blog more regularly, but I really wouldn’t count on it.Oh, and I also found out earlier this week that one of my best friends, Val, is having a boy. Huzzah Val (and Josh
Memorable Verse
"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham, my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 8-10
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" - Derek Zoolander
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YEY! A new post! It's great to catch up with you, even though I got some of the info on the phone.
I'm so proud of you for going to get your teaching license! YOu're going to be a great teacher.
yeah but your students are going to hate you. hahaha just kidding you will be great. what do you want to teach?
In response to Heidi: I would like to teach you to shut your mouth.
Hey Noves! Thanks for all the great comments lately! I do like blogging-it's way more personal than facebook! Thanks for updating us about your teaching certificate stuff, and your quick shopping trip with Heidi:) Very cute! I'm glad that you guys enjoyed your time together...not like you ever don't!
wow you are getting as bad as me at posting. FYI you will have no excuse after the boys leave.
Post a Comment